MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I bought the bike used with 1,830 miles and have rode only about 400 miles since. The other weekend I noticed that the gear indicator has a tough time displaying the right gear when in 4 to 5 or from 6 to 5. It either flashes back and forth or displays the wrong gear altogether. I spoke to the dealer and they mentioned that there was switch update and that the work was already done on my bike. My question is, will this issue be covered under warranty again?

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Should be, the new/replacement is very different to the old one. My original had exactly the same symptoms as yours. Had it changed and 6000 miles later no issues.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hey guys,

I bought the bike used with 1,830 miles and have rode only about 400 miles since. The other weekend I noticed that the gear indicator has a tough time displaying the right gear when in 4 to 5 or from 6 to 5. It either flashes back and forth or displays the wrong gear altogether. I spoke to the dealer and they mentioned that there was switch update and that the work was already done on my bike. My question is, will this issue be covered under warranty again?

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!
If it hasn't been replaced by the updated version I believe it should be.

Update part number 8000B8970

·
Registered
265 Posts
If it hasn't been replaced by the updated version I believe it should be.

Update part number 8000B8970
They must have had several changes to that part. The new part installed in 2014 on my '13 F3 was 8000B8763 and that's the same part number that's on my '16 F3 675 RC.

Reactions: saul

·
Registered
74 Posts
Replacemner sensor but no O ring reinstalled

Yep so they replaced the sensor but the technician has forgotten to put the O ring back onto the unit. Result oil leak:thewife:

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Replacemner sensor but no O ring reinstalled

Yep so they replaced the sensor but the technician has forgotten to put the O ring back onto the unit. Result oil leak:thewife:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts