MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to invest in some good track gear but I just can't seem to find a pair of gloves or boots that will fit me right.

My hands are 8.25" long (wrist to finger tip) and 3.75" across the palm. 21cm x 9cm for our metric friends. I found a few pairs that fit decent until I wrap my hand around a throttle. My biggest problem the hard knuckle pads and finger protectors put pressure on my knuckle and finger joints when my finders are bent.

My feet are a size 12.5 US, (around 45eu) depending on the company. I have wide toes so I tend to go up a .5 size it the shoe is narrow at the toe.

I know it will all come down personal comfort/preference in the end but any input would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
:f4:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I'm looking to invest in some good track gear but I just can't seem to find a pair of gloves or boots that will fit me right.

My hands are 8.25" long (wrist to finger tip) and 3.75" across the palm. 21cm x 9cm for our metric friends. I found a few pairs that fit decent until I wrap my hand around a throttle. My biggest problem the hard knuckle pads and finger protectors put pressure on my knuckle and finger joints when my finders are bent.

My feet are a size 12.5 US, (around 45eu) depending on the company. I have wide toes so I tend to go up a .5 size it the shoe is narrow at the toe.

I know it will all come down personal comfort/preference in the end but any input would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
There's no alternative to going to a well stocked store, or a few stores, and trying the gear on. My AlpineStar track boots size 46 are a snug fit...as are my Alpine Stars touring boots size 44. Go figure, same brand, same factory. Same for gloves, in some brands I'm XXL in others just L.

·
Registered
456 Posts

Thanks
i had the same problem with gloves. I'm 6,3'' and have long fingers. The only glove that fits perfectly is the Dainese Full metal Racers. Have them in Red/White (2XL). I think these are the best gloves you can buy and they should be on sale (saw them for 230-260) because the new Dainese Pro gloves arrived. Not much different than the metal racers. For boots i go with SIDI. Very comfortable. I wear a size 13.

hope that helps.

I bought them from Motowheels. They sell them for $263 at the moment. They have a black pair in 2XL left: http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myproducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=1031|Dainese&productID=5561&showDetail=1&categoryID=775|Dainese Gloves&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=1030|Apparel & Riding Gear

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts