MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all,

Just an introduction.

I was thinking of a 1098s but had a look at a 312R today and it changed my mind a little. The build quality is spectacular.
I test road a 1000R but cannot get a ride on a 1098.
Anyway you can probably tell my choice by my name. There was also a matt black F41000S 'nero' build 20/21 at the dealer, does anyhting know anything about this bike? I think they may only be a special edition in Australia?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. The 312 is a great choice of bike. However, most certainly nothing wrong with the 1000 S model. I suppose it depends on your budget.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Welcome 312, what Colour did You choose ?

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
welcome to mv.net!

mv did make a matte black 1000s a few years back.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
White/black.

I have just read 28 pages of the poll 'what's the max temp your bike reaches' and have come to the conclusion that MV's just run a bitter hotter than other bikes it seems.
I don't mean to beat the dead horse but, is it really that big of an issue?
The demo today got to 119C sitting for 3 or 4 mins in traffic but if you keep moving it should be fine right?
Why do I always have to research things on the net hahaha, it gets me so paranoid:laughing:

·
Registered
470 Posts
get the 312, yes it gets hot in traffic but is it really that bad having a hot arse, no, coz in a few mins your moving again. riden lots of sports bikes and MV is easily one of the best ever. it's not something your ever regret, just make sure you like yoru colour choice.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
The "limited edition" matte was just numbered in australia. It was actually a standard model here in the states and other parts of the world. :)

yes the bike runs hotter than others but you soon get used to it as "normal" and not a problem that will hurt you or the bike. Go out and have fun! :)

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
three-one-two said:
White/black.
The demo today got to 119C sitting for 3 or 4 mins in traffic but if you keep moving it should be fine right?
You could always go back for a second demo ride and allow the 312 to idle for a few mintues. I think you'll see the temperatures rise but then stablize when the fans turn on.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Hi and welcome :f4:

Defenatly get the 312 over the black S if you can afford it.

As for the heating things, it's not that much of an issue.
Just get the bike and i doudt you'll ever regret it :yo: :yo: :f4:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone.
Yeah, I'm not too worried about the heat, toughen up I say haha.
Does anyone race theirs or track it?
It will be good to compare to my gsxr

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Hi mate,
Yes I am at the track tomorrow (Eastern Creek) for our annual boys Christmas Ride. I have all track gear for it. Fantastic!
The Trinders RACING TEAM are racing the 312R's next year in OZ, Kev Curtain is one rider.
Oh, I just had a mate going to buy a 1098S, he had a ride on a 312R and got that instead, so they are both great, just what ever moves you the most.
Good luck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah mate I'm in Qld near Queensland raceway, I was out there practicing on my racebike when curtain was out there but I crashed out the 2nd session and didn't even get to try follow him round hahaha, they certainly get those mv's moving.
I really want to get down to EC one day soon....and PI

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Test road the 312 today:D ..... mine will be here in about a month.
I was thinking of getting headers to get rid of the cat and o2 sensor and keeping the slipons, does anyone know how much junk is in the stock slip ons?
The mechanic said the 312 ecu can be re flashed to suit, is this correct?

Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts