MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys have a 2015 brutale rr. The issue is tonight I walked into the kitchen (connected to garage with the air handler between the two, and it smelled like someone had spilled gas. I killed the ac and walked into the garage and woa, I was afraid to light a match it was so intense. I recently had the charcoal cannister removed (ugly) by the dealer but that was weeks ago and this problem only occurred today. I haven't moved it in a while ( 4 days rest) and it shares the garage with basically a open pipe duc 848 and 696 monster. checked all the tanks they were closed. I'll park it outside tomorrow to see if that helps but any idea what's causing an INTENSE smell of gas? seriously not a little! Gotta keep the toys inside but I'm worried about everyone's paint lol. Any insight is very much appreciated thank you. oh fyi south Florida 90 degrees and humid as hell

·
Administrator
20,388 Posts
No evidence of spillage anywhere? Just fumes??
Gas expands in. I the heat and also loses aromatics (the stuff that burns) more rapidly....look carefully at how they handled the fuel tank venting, since that is what is changed when a evaporative system canister is removed.

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
?

From the strength of the fumes.......

Fuel leak.......a bike parked indoors..... regardless ambient temperature won't vent

much .....fuel vapors are heavier than air......tank vent is at the top

It's leaking

My old plastic gas can cap cracked.......

It NEVER smelled

:popcorn:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts