MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are two small hoses which connect to the underside of the gas tank. I believe on is an overfill line to spill out too much fuel in the fuel tank. What is the other one for? And does it matter which hose is hooked up to which attachment port on the gas tank? I pulled the gas tank off without noticing where they were originally attached to.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looking at the 750 Brutale manual it looks like they changed things up on the 910. In the manual both ports on the gas tank go into a Y-adaptor and goes to the left side of the bike. On my bike there isn't a Y-adapter and only has one tube which goes to the left side like the 750 and the other goes to a big black box. What does the black box do? I can't find any reference to it in the manual. thnx.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at the manual some more, it looks like the front port is for fuel discharge (over fill) to the grond and the other one (rear left port) is for water discharge. Right now I have the water discharge going the the tube going to the ground and the fuel discharge to the black box. Do I have them mixed up? or do I have it right? Thanks.

·
Registered
503 Posts
You have it right. The black box is a carbon canister (filled with activated carbon) to vent the tank. The fuel vapors are trapped in the activated carbon and released into the intake on start up. This prevents raw hydrocarbon from being emitted into the atmosphere.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool. thanks for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts