MV Agusta Forum banner

Gas position error - Dragster

7K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  esq'z me 
#1 ·
Hello all,

all of a sudden while riding, lost power and got gas position error on the dash. Along with bike going on limp mode and said stop engine.

What could possibly be wrong. tried to search but couldn't understand much. What do i need to be looking at.

I turned off the bike left it for a while and started back up. But once again the error comes back on the dash with stop engine. Its happened all day.

Is there anything i need to clean or replace. What am i looking at doing.

All help will be appreciated.

#4 ·
You could clean the connector. It's located behind the right air intake. You can probably see it if you look closely. I've had problems with it twice, opened the connector blew in it and reconnected. It seems very susceptible to errors and it should. Nobody wants a throttle that stays open. :f4:

#5 ·
As per the gas position error thread further down, when my F3 did this the second time, I unplugged the two ecu connectors and sprayed them with silicon spray and re-connected. I haven't had the problem again since. I believe this problem is due to nothing more than a bad electrical connection. :)

#9 ·
I have read more about this and also spoke to my dealer in UK. They mentioned that's it's also got to do with the spring that's in the throttle. Would adjusting that in any way May fix the problem.

Haven't had time today but wil work on it tomorrow and give feedback.

#10 · (Edited)
This is misinformation. Many early F3/B3s have had the throttle assembly replaced under warranty when presenting with this problem. The replacement part is an updated unit which incidentally has a heavier return spring. Your Dragster will have come from the factory with this updated part. The spring is not adjustable, or relevant to the problem. I'm sure for some people, the fitting of this part solved their problem, in my case the error code came up again within 100kms of the upgraded part being fitted.
It has not occurred again in the 2000km+ since I cleaned and silicon sprayed the ecu connectors.

#12 ·
Ok guys. so since i have been quite busy still haven't had time to open up the tanks and get into the edu connectors. Howerver i opened up the connecter by the right air induct. Bike was fine for the day but then once again got the malfunction.

In regards to the silicone spray or grease mentioned above. Would WD40 work. What is another alternative? I have not come across a hardware store to where i am who actually stock silicone spray. haven't come across what it is. yeah i know 101 question. thanks

#13 ·
Wd40 will chase the damp away which is probably the issue but the next time it gets damp it will play up again. It only takes a tiny bit of condensation. When you reconnect it make sure its pushed together all the way. Silicon grease is the long term answer. When you get some go nuts and treat every connector on the bike.

#14 ·
just realized i had started a thread with a similiar issue. my bike only has 700 miles and i have a similar situation in which the dealer is pretty far from me. i found that the problem was very intermittent but one day it was really bad where turning off the bike didn't help. on the side of the road, i disconnected the connector, blew it out and reconnected and since then nothing has happened. i may put some dielectric grease around the silicone seal, maybe it's a connection issue.

#17 ·
This thread is 8 years old !!! Silicone spray lube is available from many sources and many brands.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.