MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up my b3 yesterday and rode it a good 50 miles home. I've ridden the same route countless times before on other bikes (Angeles Crest Highway to Angeles Forest to Palmdale for any socal folks out there). What struck me as different this time was the fact that the bike never got completely warm. I looked down as I was coming out of the canyon and my temp gauge was at 3 bars. I had the same thing happen to me riding around town today. Then once I filled up with gas (95 miles before the light came on. Somebody tell me its just because of the break in period) for the entire ride home, about 5 miles, the temperature gauge hovered at 5 bars, one above medium. Should I find this alarming? Is the cooling system just that good? Is the bike just saying I need to go faster? If so does anyone think thats a legitimate excuse to give the police?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Had the same thing during break in. But even now it's not getting very hot either. I think they have done a good job on the cooling, perhaps because it's a track weapon.

As for milage, it's dreadful i get 30 mpg and at current prices of around 9usd per gallon it's not funny. My Corsaro 1200 with 150hp was just as bad.

·
Registered
639 Posts
My Dragster never gets above 4 bars even in this heat wave we have at this moment at low speed driving.
Normally it heats up to 3 bars quick and stays at 3 !!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Dragster never gets above 4 bars even in this heat wave we have at this moment at low speed driving.
Normally it heats up to 3 bars quick and stays at 3 !!
I suppose that with it being 105F out and me going <20 mph for a few minutes its understandable. The fan kicked on and sorted everything out and so far it hasnt happened again. Still chills at 3 bars most of the time though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine also does the 5 stripes every time im stopping at a light. While driving at a steady pace it backs off to 4 stripes but as soon as I stop it bumps up to 5 stripes

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also, I had just put 1000 miles on it and after the first service was done and the bike started leaking oil/coolant mix. had to take it up for warranty.... The gear position sensor was also replaced at this time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts