MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going on a trip this Sunday and was wondering how far a tank of fuel will take me under normal riding conditions. I'm still keeping it under 6 grand for break in.

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
I think you can bank on around 100 miles until the warning light comes on.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
100mi +/- till reserve. Just bear in mind the reservev is only 2L, so you won't get far on that. Once the light comes on , get some gas soon.

·
Registered
443 Posts
fazer6 said:
100mi +/- till reserve. Just bear in mind the reservev is only 2L, so you won't get far on that. Once the light comes on , get some gas soon.
The 910's reserve is 4L (1.06 U.S. Gal) and so far I've twice milked 25 miles after the light. My light comes on at 110 miles like clockwork - pushed hard or not!

Tom

·
Registered
32 Posts
07 910r, still in break-in mode, 2 up last ride got approx 27 mpg spirited/30 mpg on the cruise, all the time staying below 6k.........unk when the light comes on, i do not tempt faith if i do not have to; i have danced with the devil enough in this known life- i do noot want to be sighted/photod pushing my brut.....

·
Registered
571 Posts
What is the MPG on the 750 vs. the 910?

Fazer6, has your MPG's improved over time? What are you gettin' right now?

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Vlad Drac said:
What is the MPG on the 750 vs. the 910?

Fazer6, has your MPG's improved over time? What are you gettin' right now?
The 910 is supposed to get better than the 750, but I get 25-30mpg, typically 25 on the dot.
FUnny thing is, 2-up I get 30--I tend to be easier on her that way. Also 30 while touring. Most of my riding is traffic, and I rev high, shift little, and engine brake a lot.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I'm consistently getting 27.5 MPG, ~110 miles till the reserve light comes on. I have a A/F data logger on order and hoping to improve mileage with the use of a tweaked Power Commander map.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have a 750, but the mileage is similar...light on around 100mi, with about 20mi reserve. I actually ran out of gas a few days ago, on Friday, at 121.x mi. Some bikes the reserve seems to last forever, but not this one. Don't think you'll get to 125, 135, 145 mi...you'd better get gas by 115mi or be prepared.

On the positive side, the gas is sucked from the rear of the tank. So if you run out, you can push it on the flats or downhills, then when you get to a nasty uphill, remind yourself that the gas is now running to the back, and that you can probably restart it and chug up the hill. As long as it's pointed up hill, you'll have a few spoonfuls left.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Somthing got to be jacked up on my 750 I'm consistantly geting 18 to 20, The one time I drove like my gandma I got 24. Most of the time my light comes on at 75 miles, that sucks...............Pillar

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
PILLAR said:
Somthing got to be jacked up on my 750 I'm consistantly geting 18 to 20, The one time I drove like my gandma I got 24. Most of the time my light comes on at 75 miles, that sucks...............Pillar
Definitley a problem, I'd get it checked out

·
Registered
268 Posts
Pillar, I'm not exaggerating my fuel mileage; I spend most of my time jetting along in fourth at about 8000rpm, or in second or third on city streets-- not trolling along in sixth at 4500 or something excessively grandma-like. I get 25 on a bad day and 27 on a good day, but it's a pretty solid 25mpg. So if you're getting 18-20 maybe you need a CO adjust or perhaps you spend all your time in second on city streets, or are constantly revving over 10K on the track...?

·
Registered
71 Posts
So need to take it to a dealer and get the computer checked or I was thinking of buying a power comander and custom mapping it. What would be best?
PILLAR

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Well, I just got my PC-III custom mapped, and the fuel consumption improved by 30%. I went from 130km (78 miles) until the warning light came on, to almost 170km (102 miles) - so I can definitely recommend it!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
27 mpg when i bought my 910R
110 miles when the light came on

after i had the racing 1/2 system installed.... US-based midpipe and cans
and BEFORE i had my PCIII/USB.....
18 mpg.... raw gas smell even at 130mph
the light came on at 70 miles (obviously MV had these 1/2system-supplied EPROM chips mapped out by some 2nd graders.... :jsm: )

after PCIII/USB.....
back to 26.5-27 mpg

one great thing
the tank, as you know, is 5 gallons with 1 gallon supposedly available when the reserve light comes on

and.....
this is the first bike that i've found which is ALWAYS ACCURATE in that respect

in other words, IF i get gas AT THE EXACT MOMENT THE LIGHT COMES ON.....
EXACTLY 1 gallon goes in.....

so,
i am now very confident about how far i can go after the light comes on (though, i do NOT push it, of course)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
431 Posts
My 910 w/ Arrow midpipe, Thunder can and PCIII running a DL'd map gets 32 to 33mpg when used to commute in L.A. and 27mpg when spanking it around the hills.

I'd be happier w/ another 10mpg, but I didn't buy this bike to save on gas. Now I just want to know how I can get a Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 into the States.

·
Registered
762 Posts
manalagi001 said:
I have a 750, but the mileage is similar...light on around 100mi, with about 20mi reserve. I actually ran out of gas a few days ago, on Friday, at 121.x mi. Some bikes the reserve seems to last forever, but not this one. Don't think you'll get to 125, 135, 145 mi...you'd better get gas by 115mi or be prepared.

On the positive side, the gas is sucked from the rear of the tank. So if you run out, you can push it on the flats or downhills, then when you get to a nasty uphill, remind yourself that the gas is now running to the back, and that you can probably restart it and chug up the hill. As long as it's pointed up hill, you'll have a few spoonfuls left.
Due to a bad fuel warning light, I ran out of gas on the very first day I got my Brutale. I know I was low on fuel, but had a strange feeling the fuel light wouldn't work, so I was traveling mostly on the right 2 lanes.

Sure enough, it didn't take one minute from the moment it first choked to completely dead. I was lucky to have moved towards the right of the freeway exactly when it happened. I was on the 5 freeway between San Diego and Orange County, it's a 5-lane freeway, and I don't know if I would have made it all the way to the right shoulder without getting flattened by a truck if had I been traveling on the fast lane. (whew)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts