MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the request of the MOD, Gary Behr was the previous owner of my MV.
I bought the 312RR last fall. It was a real bugger to get it to me in a reasonable time frame and even more so for the title.

It took him 5+ weeks to get me the title after having the bike for over a month (shipped to me in FL) I constantly had to harass him to get the title. I even had to drop the whole JAG thing on him (I am active duty). He then promptly sent the title. I was pretty pissed but me being nice theses days still tried to be friendly to him.

He stopped talking to me as if I had somehow annoyed him with bothering him about the title.

After a couple weeks of having the bike ( I am Army, very busy) I finally started going over the bike with what had been done to it. I noticed a few thing that immediately struck my attention.

--The Carbon fiber keyguard form the pics, was now plastic. In the pics it was clearly CF.

--The bar ends were different.

--The ECU was not a "race" ECU.

--Double bubble was gone on windscreen

--there was another CF part (I can't remember now as I have replaced a lot of plastic with CF) that was swapped with plastic after the purchase

Other then that, it wasn't a complete nightmare, but definite pain in the ass.

I ended up paying a reasonable price for a bike with BST rims and a lot of other mods, and very low miles (think it has 2k miles).

I would not do business with Gary again. The title not coming here, before the bike is unheard of. The title coming over 5 weeks later is actually illegal in many states unless dealing with a bank (they can have up to 6-8 weeks legally depending on the state).

He was rude at the end and very hard to get a hold of. I understand he is selling another MC...a tambo? I hope that no one here makes the same mistake in purchasing.

The fact he swapped out a handful of CF parts is ridiculous and is also illegal. I could have taken him to small claims, but the cost vs etc time etc etc.

Thanks all.:popcorn:

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
yikes snake eyes
sorry u had to go through this. I am very fond of this site and the many peeps i have dealt with from it and it upsets me to hear stories like this. I hope in time u can put this behind u and enjoy the bike.
thanks for posting this so others can stay clear of him

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Oh my... I am reading these old threads... And find out I missed a lot over here haha!!

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Hi , my name is Gary B , want to buy of me . Come on buddy that's just crazy stuff , good reading , obviously some of us have good old fashioned morals .

Cheers eddy

·
Vendor
5,154 Posts
It's a shame this has happened to you,I would be upset also.I hate the scammers out there as well.:wtf:

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
I just read this entire thread for the first time. I wonder how Alvin, formerly Admin, would have handled it. With class, no doubt.

I feel compelled to acknowledge several good transactions with Cag, along with the Knurl, Randrew, Silentservice703 and DesignCorse, Evolutionbike.

This forum has been invaluable.
It has been brought to my attention that Alvin was still the admin when that thread from 2012 was happening. My comment regarding Alvin was based on the fact that he was always pretty quick to put a stop to anything remotely negative. It was a casual comment poorly stated, nothing more.

I respect and appreciate the time and effort invested in the forum by the current moderators, all of whom do a great job in my unqualified opinion. I apologize if I led anyone to think I was trying to subtly criticize the performance of any of them. Without these gentlemen along with Ed and others my Brutale would be collecting dust.

Thank you sirs!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Without a few of the gents you just mentioned, plus a few more, I would not have ever seen my money again.

For the record, before I posted the initial complaint in "that" thread, I contacted Alvin for his advice but he did not respond, though he did contribute to the thread. Perhaps allowing the thread to go was Alvin's way of helping to resolve the situation.

I had mentioned a few times that I felt my dealings with Gary may have been a one off.....clearly not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts