MV Agusta Forum banner

What Gapalicious date range works best for you?

• Total voters
401 - 420 of 561 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
lame scooter incident

Yikes! What happened?
Seriously lame! It was my first (and last) time on an electric scooter. My friend owns 'segways' and they have cruise control that kicks on at speed. When we turned a corner and went down hill I essentially high sided when I moved my foot to attempt to hit the back brake. I mostly jumped off onto the grass when I knew I was wiping out but the scooter hit my arm where I fell and the damn things are heavy. It busted my left radius.:crying:This is the best time of year to ride in Colorado too! I'm so pissed! Gotta go to the farm store and get those big animal gloves now...like the amazing Dr Pol goes after the calves with. Creek arms gloves lol.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hopefully is will heal up without any long lasting effects.
With age comes wisdom, but when we learn the hard way, pain is the tuition we pay.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #404
@Dragginknee: Curtis, Linda is the woman who caters the food.

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
broken left radius, fiberglas cast...ideal for creek beers?

No, she wouldn't do green, white and red fiberglass...no cup holder or quick shifter clutch action options

Should I skip the 4 days of driving and see you all in 2020 when I can ride? Then again what else have I got to do at home with a broken arm.

Last year I did not ride, and I know of two in this group who have also recently succumbed to injuries and can't ride, yet are still going. We might need a trailing bus to fit everyone lol

·
Registered
1,599 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Last year I did not ride, and I know of two in this group who have also recently succumbed to injuries and can't ride, yet are still going. We might need a trailing bus to fit everyone lol
hey hey...... I can ride... i think

·
Registered
611 Posts
Last year I put my bike in the van and drove down............ Not this year. I will take my bike in the back of the van from Boston to Carlisle, PA and then ride the rest of the way.
Nice roads from there and the weather is looking good. If anyone is along route and wants to meet, give me a shout.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I would love to see the cc
Well, head on up my way before you head back to the UK! Sadly, or not, Chuck's rig is filled to the brim, besides, that's original rubber on the bike, certainly not a good candidate for flogging, photoshoots maybe.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello All...I'm now in the 6th and last month of my "Loop", and I'm looking forward to being at the 'GAP' on Wednesday, 9/2!

As I did last year, I'll be leading a ride to Cafe Rel, in Franklin, on Thursday, 9/3. We'll leave at 9am, go up the the Cherohala(143) to 129, then to Deal's Gap for a stop. Then we'll ride Hwy 28 through Stecoah to Rt 74, and pick up Hwy 28 again to Franklin, for lunch at Cafe Rel. On the way back we'll go over Wayah Bald to the Nantahala river, then back on Hwy 129 and the Cherohala for our return. I've been told that all of Hwy 28 from Rt 74 to Franklin, and the entire Wayah Bald road have all been repaved...FANTASTIC!!
No need to reply to this notice for the Cafe Rel ride...just show up at the Crow's Nest at 9am for this full day ride. We'll leave promptly at 9.

Now...here's a unique opportunity...I've been riding out of Deal's Gap during the first week of June every year for the past 12 years with a group, and each day our ride is lead by a lifetime local rider, Bobby Morrow. Bobby has agreed to lead a group of 10 riders TOTAL on Friday morning, on roads that you'll never find on your own. This will include a few of his classic "super secret" roads. It will be a full day, but the start time is not definite yet.
I WILL need your reply to know who will join us on this ride, AS THIS RIDE WILL BE LIMITED TO 10 RIDERS TOTAL!!!

Let's have some fun!!!

David

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hello All...I'm now in the 6th and last month of my "Loop", and I'm looking forward to being at the 'GAP' on Wednesday, 9/2!

As I did last year, I'll be leading a ride to Cafe Rel, in Franklin, on Thursday, 9/3. We'll leave at 9am, go up the the Cherohala(143) to 129, then to Deal's Gap for a stop. Then we'll ride Hwy 28 through Stecoah to Rt 74, and pick up Hwy 28 again to Franklin, for lunch at Cafe Rel. On the way back we'll go over Wayah Bald to the Nantahala river, then back on Hwy 129 and the Cherohala for our return. I've been told that all of Hwy 28 from Rt 74 to Franklin, and the entire Wayah Bald road have all been repaved...FANTASTIC!!
No need to reply to this notice for the Cafe Rel ride...just show up at the Crow's Nest at 9am for this full day ride. We'll leave promptly at 9.

Now...here's a unique opportunity...I've been riding out of Deal's Gap during the first week of June every year for the past 12 years with a group, and each day our ride is lead by a lifetime local rider, Bobby Morrow. Bobby has agreed to lead a group of 10 riders TOTAL on Friday morning, on roads that you'll never find on your own. This will include a few of his classic "super secret" roads. It will be a full day, but the start time is not definite yet.
I WILL need your reply to know who will join us on this ride, AS THIS RIDE WILL BE LIMITED TO 10 RIDERS TOTAL!!!

Let's have some fun!!!

David
In for Friday

·
Registered
653 Posts
Not sure what comment said Chuck's trailer was full but you would be surprised how cheap FedEx, UPS and USPS are. The stores that do all 3 are likely cheaper than the extra gas that Chuck will be putting in his truck lol. Just drop your stuff you want at tellico cabins in to a box and address it to yourself, ship it to the hotel and write "hold for guest". I do this all the time these days. It's often cheaper and easier than checking a bag on flights sometimes with the luggage stupidity at airports. Certainly easier than toting luggage on a sportbike for a weekend getaway like I do. We often have a hotel up in one place like Aspen or Steamboat Colorado that's the sleep spot and do rides from there. Ask the shipper what one is the least expensive for the date of arrival. They will know.

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Juney there will be other females and you ladies can hang out when us guys are riding. Don't know if that was sexist or not. I'm too old to know :)

401 - 420 of 561 Posts