MV Agusta Forum banner

601 - 620 of 823 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
So hello to Florence for us Al! Be safe, stay away from tall trees!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Looks like I may run into a wall of water on my ride down............. maybe a tad windy too.
Yep, I'm heading out Fri morning to make sure I get there before it gets too windy over here in Charlotte. Not even first full year out of FL and we have a hurricane.... wtf? :stickpoke

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Hoping George and Charlotte will still be able to make it. They have a funeral in Chicago this wknd they will be at while a hurricane is knocking on there front door. Depending on how much damage it does will depend if they are able to make it.

·
Registered
609 Posts
God willing and with favorable weather I will be there Mon or Tues.

Rob, you may need that van ride a little further South if Florence interferes. :smile2:

See you there..........................
That is plan B. I think that riding through a hurricane could be a real skill builder and raise the bar on the "oh shit" level, but I may throw in the towel and concede to mother nature.

I'll be there on Monday, see you then.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Are you and the Mrs. joining us for dinner in The Crows Nest?
(Sorry this slipped off the radar...you booked in January!):jsm::smoking:
She won't be joining us until Friday night. She's traveling that week for work and I will be picking her up at the Knoxville airport. We are up for whatever is on the agenda. :) I booked in January so that I had no excuse for not going. If you remember last year my bosses boss asked me to play golf with him at the last minute and that was something you don't turn down so I had to cancel. Since it's booked and on my schedule here for 8 months, they can't get me to stay. :)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Angelo and I will be getting in late Wed night. May need someone to get the key to our crib on riverfront for us...

·
Super Moderator
21,434 Posts
@drmasis: We will take care of that. Didn't they leave your key in their mailbox on the front porch last year?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Caffe Rel

Here's a thought...

On Friday or Saturday of Gapalicious, Mary and I will be leading a ride to Caffé Rel (https://www.facebook.com/CaffeRel ), in Franklin. Caffé Rel is the best French restaurant in NC, and we have eaten there numerous times, enjoying marvelous food. This ride will be a 2-2 1/2 hr., 97 mile ride each way. We'll go over the Cherohala Skyway, past Lake Santeetlah, over 129 to Deals Gap, then on Hellbender 28 to Franklin. Along the way we'll ride the best 12 miles in NC; no, not the Tail of The Dragon, but the 12 miles on Hwy 28 from Deals Gap to the Fontana Resort...it's both technical and beautiful.

Caffé Rel isn't very large, so I'm a bit concerned about too large a group going over, so maybe a group of 12 should be tops. Please let me know your interest, and as we get closer to the time, the day will be decided.

GREAT RIDING, GREAT FRIENDS, AND GREAT FOOD...NOT A BAD IDEA!!

David

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #614 (Edited)
Along the way we'll ride the best 12 miles in NC; no, not the Tail of The Dragon, but the 12 miles on Hwy 28 from Deals Gap to the Fontana Resort...it's both technical and beautiful.
No doubt I'll be corrected if wrong but I think that was the road we used to get to the Dragon on the first Gapalicious along the lake? If yes you're right, it was a really nice road!

·
Super Moderator
21,434 Posts
Chris, you are correct! Three years ago when we stayed at Fontana Village for the first Gapalicious, that was our route to the Tail.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Here's a thought...

On Friday or Saturday of Gapalicious, Mary and I will be leading a ride to Caffé Rel (https://www.facebook.com/CaffeRel ), in Franklin. Caffé Rel is the best French restaurant in NC, and we have eaten there numerous times, enjoying marvelous food. This ride will be a 2-2 1/2 hr., 97 mile ride each way. We'll go over the Cherohala Skyway, past Lake Santeetlah, over 129 to Deals Gap, then on Hellbender 28 to Franklin. Along the way we'll ride the best 12 miles in NC; no, not the Tail of The Dragon, but the 12 miles on Hwy 28 from Deals Gap to the Fontana Resort...it's both technical and beautiful.

Caffé Rel isn't very large, so I'm a bit concerned about too large a group going over, so maybe a group of 12 should be tops. Please let me know your interest, and as we get closer to the time, the day will be decided.

GREAT RIDING, GREAT FRIENDS, AND GREAT FOOD...NOT A BAD IDEA!!

David
That's a pretty decent ride, and wayah road out to Franklin is great (not to mention the falls, if traffic isn't too bad). Have never eaten at the place you speak of, but wouldn't mind trying a new place. Maybe we can stagger the ride and they can feed us in a couple of groups at different times? If not I can lead a similar ride, but up to Bryson City for lunch at The Filling Station Deli.

·
Super Moderator
21,434 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
That's a pretty decent ride, and wayah road out to Franklin is great (not to mention the falls, if traffic isn't too bad). Have never eaten at the place you speak of, but wouldn't mind trying a new place. Maybe we can stagger the ride and they can feed us in a couple of groups at different times? If not I can lead a similar ride, but up to Bryson City for lunch at The Filling Station Deli.
I have often stayed in Maggie Valley and in Bryson City and I remember riding on Wayah Rd. and rt 28 in Franklin. There are some nice stretches in that area. I have often taken BRP from Cherokee to Maggie Valley too.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Not sure if gas will be an issue, so I am bringing alone 15 gallons of non-ethanol gas.

601 - 620 of 823 Posts