MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so last year there were some suggestions as to improvement for food ... a STEAK NIGHT for instance.

In this thread we are soliciting culinary suggestions from those who were there, and those who are coming this year.

We will be doing the sandwiches-on-arrival-gig again as that worked well for folks rolling in at any hour of the day. Sandwich Day is Wednesday, September 19!!:wink2:

I believe everyone liked the Southern Fried Chicken night. I honestly can't remember what the other meals were!:ahhh::ahhh::ahhh:

So, put out your desires, your recommendations, your needs and your fantasies here (food fantasies, folks!) and we will see what comes of it all.

A note to those who will be dining at The Crow's Nest: Once we have the price, we are simply going to divide it among the participants...be that one meal or all. It was dirt cheap for what we got last year ans we expect the same from the lovely lady who served up some great grub.

At some point soon, I will be asking for a committed head-count for Family Style Fun at The Crows Nest.

CFO Cynthia will be seeking out the cash at the event.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Chuck, can we not have the chicken in white sauce as it tasted of chlorine, most of the food was good but you can't please everyone i for one would be happy to do that again. Also the idea of a night out at the steakhouse that the Nashville boys went to sounds right up my street.

·
Administrator
18,812 Posts
I will be dining at the Crow's nest.

Italian night??? Spaghetti in meat sauce or meatballs?

Have to have fried chicken....that's a given.

·
Administrator
18,812 Posts
Steak for this many people would be a logistics headache (I want mine medium rare)..... maybe a "Country Fried Steak" dinner ???

·
Registered
604 Posts
I will be there for only Wednesday and Thursday nights, but would like to be apart of those suppers if possible.
My scheduled visit to Deal's Gap is centered around my work schedule...

·
Administrator
18,812 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I ain't picky. I'm more interested in what we'll be drinking anyway.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I personally don't think cooking steaks in that large of a group is tough unless you have a crappy grill. But i do love some meat

·
Super Moderator
21,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I personally don't think cooking steaks in that large of a group is tough unless you have a crappy grill. But i do love some meat
It has been rumored that you DO love you some MEAT.>:)

I'm not sure of the quality of the grill situation at The Crow's Nest. I do know there were at least two gas grills that looked to be in decent shape.

·
Super Moderator
21,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We will be talking with the caterer this weekend.....

Here is a summary list of those known attending and those who "might" attend:

Chuck - Crows Nest (CN)
Cindy - CN
Chris J. - CN
Foggy - CN
Felix - CN
David E. - CN
Mary E. - CN
Ian - CN (with Felix and The Deer)
Lauren - CN (with C&C&C!)
Przemek - CN
Masis - Riverfront (RF) 'J'
Angelo RF 'J'
Kevin - RF 'E'
Ben - RF 'E'
Bauman - RF 'E'
Ed - RF 'A'
George - RF ' '
Charlotte - RF ' '
Rob - Cabin 5
Curtis - Curtis's Cabin (CC)
Tater - CC
Chris -CC

I hope that Art and Al will make it and stay in the Crows Nest. I am also hopefully there will be an appearance by Randaddy.

If I have missed anyone, add them to the list. I will be confirming with the good folks at Tellico Cabins early next week to solidify things. Also look to The Food Thread: https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/24-events-rides-group-rides-meets/238743-gapalicious-2018-food-thread.html as we need to confirm participation so that we have a good solid number for the caterer.

At this point, I am going to plan for all attendees to sup together in blissful camaraderie...or familial discord as all good families do....:wink2:

If you DO NOT want to participate in superb southern cooking and camaraderie, then let me know....soon.

·
Super Moderator
21,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Curtis - Curtis's Cabin (CC)
Tater is Chris - CC <------ LOL
Randy -CC

Fixed still laughing
FARQ! I get that backwards all the time! Sorry!:loser::ahhh::blush::wave::smoking:

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Sprokit HQ will be dining elsewhere, but thanks for offering to include us. :smile2:

Kevin - RF 'E'
Ben - RF 'E'
Bauman - RF 'E'

1 - 20 of 60 Posts