MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I look forward to meeting the Gapalicians in Tellico again this year. Meet people I know, make new contacts.

There might be time to do a quick inspection of the roads prior to the Big Event. Labor Day weekend would be the right timing (?).

Foothills smooth web.jpg

New Foothills extension pavement butter smooth, Check.

beer girls dgmr.jpg

Beer Girls at the Gap, Check.

quiet on 3rd.jpg

Dragon to myself on the 3rd, Check.

helmet car.jpg

Thursday noon, left my helmet on the road, Ch..........., Wait, What?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Oh, I am in England; must be since the Porsche is in the left lane..................

car bike web.jpg

OK, there is my bike, on the coolant.............

DoorKnob doesn't look happy.....................

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
OK, there's the reason

close dent web.jpg

What? Two illegal U-Turns without looking? Wha could happen?

Swerved around the first u-turn couldn't avoid the second.

Please expect the worst (from other vehicles) and enjoy the best at Gapa this year.
Doesn't look like I will be there...................

p.s. Neurologist tapped my leathered armoured knee and said "Good thing you were wearing the Gear, and that helmet saved your life.".

(I was wearing jeans in the first pic to go Horseback Riding on the 31st. I know better. Only one day thankfully.)

·
Administrator
20,349 Posts
This requires further explanation..... he hit you??? Or you hit his spilled coolant after he hit something else?

Glad you are OK (I think), damaged bike?

Sorry to hear you will miss the gathering.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
:surprise: Well I am glad to hear you are okay, and really sorry to hear this happened.

Although I must say that beer girl on the left looks like she can bring some smiles >:) >:) >:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I am Southbound on 129 entering the overlook area.

The doorknob pulls not one but two u-turns at the overlook. He is coming North and u-boats into my Southbound lane and stops. I swerve into the opposing lane to avoid his stopped vehicle in my previous lane.

According to witnesses he then starts another u-turn back into the Northbound lane in what would amount to an interrupted 360. I am already in the other lane avoiding his on-road parking and have nowhere left to go due to the embankment. He is not looking, after all why look before pulling two u-turns on the Dragon?
I evidently collide with the front left corner of his u-turning car and begin flight testing my gear.

The coolant is from my rad which along with the right caliper and 2 month old right disk impact his left front wheel and fender.

BTW those pesky Beer Girls suggested two beers but to drink them slowly. I remained unconvinced and they found no profit in me.

·
Administrator
20,349 Posts
Dahamn !!!! And I'll bet he wanted to blame YOU.... :eek: :rant: :bash:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the notes. I was really just trying to remind everyone that ANYTHING can and will happen.

ATGATT. Hipster Sneakers might look cool on the street but will disable you on a motorcycle.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
You called it Ed.

Apparently the Doorknob freaks out about his damaged toy until several witnesses get into his grill with the truth.

The other Bikers at the Overlook took care of me until the medics arrived. I was not myself.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I can only guess that guy was some flatlander that has never been on such roads before.... F'ing IDIOT

·
Registered
117 Posts
According to witnesses he then starts another u-turn back into the Northbound lane in what would amount to an interrupted 360. As I am already in the other lane avoiding his on-road parking and have nowhere left to go due to the embankment. He is not looking, after all why look before pulling two u-turns on the Dragon?
I collide with the front left corner of his u-turning car and begin flight testing my gear.
Damn this is confusing.
Like this?
How you doin now?
Did he accept liability?

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Close enough. The pictures show a different angle at impact. It looks like and the damage shows that it (impact) occured earlier in the second turn.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Andrew this is terrible.... My Brutale was totaled recently and the other driver was at fault, but I was close to home.
Where are you now? How complicated is this going to be for you?

I have a lawyer and a settlement is in the works, I was also paid for my Brutale... thus the TVL I'm sporting now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Rob,

Your situation sounded much more destructive than mine and I am relieved that you are able to partake at the end of the month.

I had the bike picked up and I am at home now.

As the process unfolds I have less confidence than earlier in a simple solution. To quote Lebowski "A lot of ins and outs, a lot of what-have-you's.......".

I have a cabin booked for the 28th and would like to ride if possible. Won't be my trusty RR unfortunately and I need a new helmet, clearance from the Doc etc.

Might have to fly in Celeb-Style and say hello at least.
Naw, I would have to ride.

I will PM you with updates.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hopefully this will all work out well for you.

clearance from the Doc etc

I use a little process called AMA, ( against medical advice ) works every time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts