MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HERE.

I've decided to scrap the idea of a F4 1000R... I can't justify it when the regular ol' F4 1000 S pumps 155hp, and solid gains could be had with letting the engine breathe.

So, does anyone know anything about them? I like the system for the 1000, but the website offers no information that I can work with. Anyone had experiences, heard anything, had a look at the build quality? Most importantly, do they do a full system?? I'm shooting for at least 165hp here. :yo:

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
If you are shooting for 165 i will tell you exactly how to get there. Sil Motor exhaust, stainless midpipe(removing the cat) BMC air filter and a powercommander. i am at 165 with a custom map on the PC. if you want the map let me know and i will send it your way. Those italian pipes look just like the Sil ones, could be the same thing just with their distributing name on them like FBF does.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greeneggs&ham said:
If you are shooting for 165 i will tell you exactly how to get there. Sil Motor exhaust, stainless midpipe(removing the cat) BMC air filter and a powercommander. i am at 165 with a custom map on the PC. if you want the map let me know and i will send it your way. Those italian pipes look just like the Sil ones, could be the same thing just with their distributing name on them like FBF does.
Actually it was when I was reading through a previous post of yours I came to the conclusion that 165hp would be easy, especially given the gains you had out of each mod. Did you graph the before/after gains and AFR's when you had the map tuned greeneggs&ham??

Galassetti responded to an email I sent with:
solo silenziatori euro acciaio 750 titanio 950.00 carbonio 850.00
Of course Google translator saved me here - Titanium 950euro and it looks like mid pipe is part of the kit... I assume by looking at a few pictures of Sil Moto systems this is the same?

Thanks for the info. :yo:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eMoto UK said:
As far as we know they are Sil Motor exhausts just re-badged! If you want further details let us know, we have been in touch with this company in the past.
Would love to know more eMoto! Any info is appreciated as my Italian starts and finishes with ciau and it seems their English is about the same! :D

·
Registered
337 Posts
Greeneggs&ham said:
where did u get the sil motor exhaust? are thes the FBF pipes i spoke of recently?

·
Registered
337 Posts
E-moto, besides the weight reduction what is the main difference with the stainless steel mid-pipe and the titanium with the EEPROM? Does the stanless steel come with an EEPROM?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hi guys,

We have emailed them, hopefully we should have a reply soon.

Re: the link pipe, the main difference is the weight saving over the s/steel item, however we have also noticed that the titanium pipe has a slightly bigger bore. The stainless steel pipe is not supplied with and EPROM, however from customers feedback we have found that the F4 runs well with the stainless steel pipe and no EPROM, installing a power commander and setup will ensure your bike runs perfect.

·
Registered
337 Posts
eMoto UK said:
Hi guys,

We have emailed them, hopefully we should have a reply soon.

Re: the link pipe, the main difference is the weight saving over the s/steel item, however we have also noticed that the titanium pipe has a slightly bigger bore. The stainless steel pipe is not supplied with and EPROM, however from customers feedback we have found that the F4 runs well with the stainless steel pipe and no EPROM, installing a power commander and setup will ensure your bike runs perfect.
ok...so i will order the tit mid....now with the EEPROM...do i need a PC? Can i just install the mid and install the EEPROM and be done?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
you can, but PC just personalizes the fuel curve to the characteristics to YOUR bike. not a sweeping generalization.

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
chino said:
Actually it was when I was reading through a previous post of yours I came to the conclusion that 165hp would be easy, especially given the gains you had out of each mod. Did you graph the before/after gains and AFR's when you had the map tuned greeneggs&ham??

I did get a base map done when i first go enough miles on it. i will bring it to work tomorrow and scan it so you can see the difference. on the first i didn't get an AFR but it should show it on the final custom map. If you look in my registry you can see it.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Greeneggs&ham said:
Does your PCIII map dial out the abrupt throttle response or is it still there?

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
Unfortunatly that abrupt throttle response is still there. it isn't as bad as it was but none the less it is still there. what helped the most was removing one of the throttle return springs!! That made it much better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts