MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Does this mean anything for the future of MV in WSBK ? BTW if anyone hasn't seen yet sam lowes will not be riding for us next year as he decided to sign with a moto2 effort.... Are they still going to put bikes on the grid?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Does this mean anything for the future of MV in WSBK ? BTW if anyone hasn't seen yet sam lowes will not be riding for us next year as he decided to sign with a moto2 effort.... Are they still going to put bikes on the grid?

Taper I think you missed something along the way. MV was never going to put bikes on the grid, it was a private team which where negotiating with MV to try and put an MV on the grid.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Donsy what was the rumors about the Russian's that Sam lowes was with, moving to Wsbk with a full works effort MV or Park and Go possibly doing the same?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Donsy what was the rumors about the Russian's that Sam lowes was with, moving to Wsbk with a full works effort MV or Park and Go possibly doing the same?

That's right mate, it's private teams using MV's with MV support (technical more than financial I would imagine), even if they do mention "MV Agusta's proposed factory-funded return to World Superbikes" .
And that's very different to a full MV factory team, which would be run and funded by MV Agusta.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Taper, basically what's going to happen is that Yakhnich Motorsports is going to use their giant pocketful of Russian money to run MV's in WSS and WSBK next year with technical assistance and parts from MV. No money will come from MV as they have none to spend on racing beyond what they are sending Parkin Go's way. What remains to be seen is what is going to happen to Parkin Go if Yakhnich runs F3's as they have a 3 year contract with MV.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I know I might be ignorant for not knowing these things,i guess this is why I ask so many questions. What is the difference between the two. I thought that was what a satellite team was.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Technicality's I suppose. It all depends on the current rules and also what they would like to call it.

If you had money, bought an MV, and took it racing under your own steam, doing your own development etc, that would be a true privateer team.

If you leased an MV from factory, paid for the running of the team, but got parts and development support from the factory, that would be a satellite team. There is a lot of grey area's in this one, mostly kept secret between teams and factory.

Full factory team is the whole lot handled by the factory, and paid for by them, with the aid of whatever sponsors or riders will bring to the party.
Hard to draw the line here, it depends on what the current rules are for the class you are entering, )WSBK is different to MotoGP's), and of course, who's paying for what.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts