MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has been hundereds of posts about the CDI/fuse box and i don't want to bore anyone but i really need some help now and hopefull someone with some tech know how. My bike is a 2004 brutale 750 s

I posted up a while ago that i had inadvertantly blown the left hand indicator circuit/relay in the fuse box. Fitting the LED light i touched two wires together and its not worked since. The fuses are all good so in it went to the dealer for a fuse box. The part ordered was 8000A9300. We have since recieved 3 of these boxes and each one ceates another problem, the indicator works but the headlight doesn't. High or low beam.

Is this the box for my bike?
If not which one is?

The bike is back into the dealer on Tuesday but i just wanted to see if anyone on here can shed any light on the subject to help out. I need it fixed ASAP as i have a forum member wanting to buy it. This is getting hard to sort out from the other side of the world.

Thanks guys for reading yet another fuse/CDI box post

·
Registered
488 Posts
I read in one of the treads that you have to get the 08' fuse box/ CDI.This is when they fixed it. I can't seem to find the tread but it has the part number listed in it.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Hebs,

I have just recently had to replace this item and the part number on the bag it came in is different to those quoted above.
The one I got is 800094519, this has been fitted to our 750 Brtale and fixed all the electrical hassels we had been having,
Good luck

jimbo

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies,

endgrain - thats the box i ordered but having problems with the headlight not working. I've had 3 of them fitted and all the same, either a problem with the batch or the wrong part.

Mort - i've already actually paid for the new box, it cost me £280. My dealer got it from MotoGB

Jimbo - thanks i'll tell my dealer and see if he can get that part ordered insted.

From some posts on here i'm lead to beleive that the part no 8000A9300 will work in all Brutales but i'm not convinced, as i say i've fitted 3 different ones and none work properly.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Hebs,

Just looked at the paperwork that came with teh item (Moto GB suppield to 3X) part number on teh invoice is MV8A00A9615, so might be worth mentioning that as well. Incidently £280 is the trade price for the item so you have saved a bit its :silly: price but thats MV for you.

jimbo

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
If you have replaced all three and all three failed to correct the problem maybe the problem is not with the SPU.

Perhaps there is a fault else where in the harness.

CAG

·
Registered
56 Posts
Part no. 8000A9300 will not work in the early 750 S. I went through the same hassle when I replaced mine with that part number. The one that worked for me was 8000A5196 and seems to be the part of choice for the 04's. Note that 8000A5196 is different from the original...it is missing one of the fuses...the one labeled "Warning Light".

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you have replaced all three and all three failed to correct the problem maybe the problem is not with the SPU.

Perhaps there is a fault else where in the harness.

CAG
The dealer is going to check this out but i'm thinking not. With the old box the ONLY thing that doesn't work is the left indicator and with the new replacement box the ONLY thing that doesn't work is the headlight, the indicator works fine. This says to me that the wiring elsewhere in the bike is fine

Part no. 8000A9300 will not work in the early 750 S. I went through the same hassle when I replaced mine with that part number. The one that worked for me was 8000A5196 and seems to be the part of choice for the 04's. Note that 8000A5196 is different from the original...it is missing one of the fuses...the one labeled "Warning Light".

Hope this helps...
The new box has no warning light fuse either but it clearly willl not work properly in my bike. That is another different part number that Jimbo just gave me, this is the problem there seems to be lots of different part numbers going round and surley there can be only one right one.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fazer6 am i right in beleiving you got the part number 8000A9300 for your 04 Brutale and everything is working fine?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Hi Hebs, which SPU your Brutale requires will depend on the VIN range your bike is from.

If it is 004322 and above it takes 8A00A9300. If it is 004321 or below it takes 8A00A9615. The wiring loom is different in each VIN range and the SPU is not interchangeable.

Based on this, if you have the correct SPU now for your bike's VIN range and are still having problems, as others suggested the issue may lay elsewhere.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Fazer6 am i right in beleiving you got the part number 8000A9300 for your 04 Brutale and everything is working fine?
Sorry,
Well Crap! I don't think I'm helping much, but here's my info:

Vin: 100148 (2004 model)

SPU: 8A00A9615-V2 04/08

Any guesses on what the V2 means?

Also, the part number for the SPU was right on the inside of the fuse cover--Imagine them doing something that makes sense with this thing!
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19506&highlight=part+number&page=2

It does seem like your issue is the wrong box.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I had mine replaced in October '08 for a Brutale '05. The part# referenced on my invoice is 8A00A9615 (confirms jimboF4's post) and was described by my dealer as CPU on Frame. It fixed all my electrical issues and the bike runs noticeably better since then. Damage:$391.61 here in the US + $30.00 labor.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys, i will get onto my dealer and tell them to order the right part number box. Annoying thing is i gave my VIN number to MotoGB and they still sent the newer box.

But hey thats why we're on these forums to find out the truth from the people who have had the problems too.

Thanks again guys, will keep you posted if this works.

Unfortunately once this is fixed it will mean i'm no longer an MV owner, theres gotta be one downside to moving to Oz and this is mine.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good news, all is fixed. Dealer ordered the other box and it worked fine. Soooo happy.

Anyone want to buy a cheap as chips Brutie? See the for sale section.

Thanks for the info people.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts