MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as soon as I turn the key the fuse 15amp burned, the one last on the right of the fuse box.

What is might be happen?
Best,
Phil

·
Super Moderator
22,317 Posts
What had you done to your bike immediately before turing the key?

·
Vendor
5,332 Posts
as soon as I turn the key the fuse 15amp burned, the one last on the right of the fuse box.

What is might be happen?
Best,
Phil
What fuse is that.If it is the taillights check the wire under the seat leading to the taillight.You may have a broken wire causing a short.This is just a guess.

·
Super Moderator
22,317 Posts
...right under the metal support band.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Electrical gremlins !

If the fuse blows after turning the key look at the latch relay diode. Yours is blown.

If the fuse blows when you press the starter button then suspect the diode across the starter relay.

There is alot of info on this in previous forum posts.

Remember that diodes have to be connected in correct direction.

Where is the main relay ? Have a look in the manuals or ask someone with a 750.

Joe

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17313&page=2

·
Super Moderator
22,317 Posts
^^^Now I am thoroughly confused....:wtf:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still need help guys,
here is the fuse burned pointed, where do I look from if that fuse burned

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
PHIL, look at the manual man, then learn to quote properly..... wtf.
Now look at the wiring under the seat and the wires going to the tail light.
And then, what is the last thing you did on the bike ?
Did you have the battery out ?

Don't confuse the 750 with the 1000.

·
Vendor
5,332 Posts
On the 1000 bikes that fuse is for Instrument panel,speed sensor,horn,side lights.So check one item at a time.I would start with lights and check that wiring harness under the seat that powers the tail light,it's a known problem.Also like Chuck said,have you been doing any work on the bike or even washed it?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I had a similar problem, in my case when I turned the key the screen would come on and then immediately turn off, the fuel pump would continue to to prime but absolutely nothing when I pushed the start button. After a fist full of fuses I realized there was a short in the electrical wire that runs through the exhaust pipes and feeds the license plate light. Worth a quick check, like Mitchy said, "It's a known problem".

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PHIL, look at the manual man, then learn to quote properly..... wtf.
Now look at the wiring under the seat and the wires going to the tail light.
And then, what is the last thing you did on the bike ?
Did you have the battery out ?

Don't confuse the 750 with the 1000.
WTF Donsy, I ate the manual of F4 inside outside, remember I have two F4 one for track and street, I burned almost 25 fuses still can not figure out where the fuck wire short it.

On the 1000 bikes that fuse is for Instrument panel,speed sensor,horn,side lights.So check one item at a time.I would start with lights and check that wiring harness under the seat that powers the tail light,it's a known problem.Also like Chuck said,have you been doing any work on the bike or even washed it?
I haven't modify the bike for awhile, I checked every single wires from the tail light and license place light there no sign of cut wire or short, I might have to open all the wires cover to see where the heck it might short it.

I had a similar problem, in my case when I turned the key the screen would come on and then immediately turn off, the fuel pump would continue to to prime but absolutely nothing when I pushed the start button. After a fist full of fuses I realized there was a short in the electrical wire that runs through the exhaust pipes and feeds the license plate light. Worth a quick check, like Mitchy said, "It's a known problem".
you're right, last time I have a issue when I braking my bike die on me, then I found out the cable from tail light short with sub-frame but that was fix and soldered

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Phil,

I am talking about the wire that goes through the exhaust to the license plate and/or turn signals not the one to the tail/brake light. The heat of the exhaust pipe melted the insulation on the wire and the two wires ended up touching and shorting out causing the fuse to burn as soon as you turned the key.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Hi PHIL, Foxtrot has a good point, I know gotojoe had the same problem, so worth checking it out.
Hope the manual didn't hurt your teeth, Hahahaha, I knew I'd catch you out mate, I was just kidding.

Also, look behind the fuse holder and near the fuse holder where the wiring harness goes up towards the front of the bike, Carl had a loom with bad corrosoion in there.

·
Vendor
5,332 Posts
Unplug all the lights,turn the ignition on and connect one at a time until the fuse goes pop,then you know where to look.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi PHIL, Foxtrot has a good point, I know gotojoe had the same problem, so worth checking it out.
Hope the manual didn't hurt your teeth, Hahahaha, I knew I'd catch you out mate, I was just kidding.

Also, look behind the fuse holder and near the fuse holder where the wiring harness goes up towards the front of the bike, Carl had a loom with bad corrosoion in there.
Thank you Donsy, great advise...

Phil,

I am talking about the wire that goes through the exhaust to the license plate and/or turn signals not the one to the tail/brake light. The heat of the exhaust pipe melted the insulation on the wire and the two wires ended up touching and shorting out causing the fuse to burn as soon as you turned the key.
Thanks Foxtrot4 for second great advise...

Unplug all the lights,turn the ignition on and connect one at a time until the fuse goes pop,then you know where to look.
Thanks Mitchy for third great advise....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts