MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone started a thread like this on the Lamborghini forum and 6 years later with over 1,000 posts it's still going strong.

I don't own an MV yet, but I've read a handful of your funny stories on this site about run in with cops, admirers, and ignoramuses and would love to hear more!

·
Registered
322 Posts
A new co-worker and I were talking about bikes that he owned and bikes that he hopes to own next, after a few years without a bike. During the conversation he asked me if I had seen the new Honda F4 that was parked outside; "they came a long way, they look amazing with the SSA". You got it, it was my MV that he was referring to.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
It has an Suzuki engine!!!

A friend of mine who overheard that and is a motorcycle tuner said: Suzuki would wish it was!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Just remembered a goodie. Had a lady rider ask me, a white guy, about the Mexican(Italian) flag on my intake tube....

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
First ride the wife and I took together last summer with my then brand new MV F3. She was on her M796. At our first gas stop I noticed a guy pacing back and forth on the side walk looking long and hard at both bikes. When I went in to pay he approached the wife. When I came out he was walking away shaking his head.
I asked the wife what that was all about and she was laughing so hard it took a few minutes before she could respond. The conversation went something like this.
Him: Nice bikes, what make are they?
Wife: This is MY Ducati Monster 796 and that’s my husband’s MV Agusta F3.
Him: I know about the Monsters but I’ve never heard of that other model. It must be new for Ducati this year.
Wife: No, it’s an MV Agusta F3.
Him: Who makes them if not Ducati?
Wife: MV Agusta makes them, in Italy.
Him: No, you’ve got that wrong. It’s a Ducati.
Wife: NO, IT IS NOT A DUCATI, it’s an MV Agusta.
Him: It sure is a Ducati. Look lady, it’s got the same frame, the same swing arm and brakes. It’s even Ducati red! Gees, you really need to learn what your husband is riding.

There's your sign! :laughing:

·
Registered
409 Posts
I swear this conversation actually happened. It was one of those moments of sheer genius that happen occasionally.

I walk into pay for my gas at the gas station. I am wearing a leather jacket, gloves, helmet, etc. A guy asked me if I rode?

I told him, "Nah! If I ride on top of the bus, they let me ride for free!"

The guy just stared at me for a bit and then stared at the floor....

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
First ride the wife and I took together last summer with my then brand new MV F3. She was on her M796. At our first gas stop I noticed a guy pacing back and forth on the side walk looking long and hard at both bikes. When I went in to pay he approached the wife. When I came out he was walking away shaking his head.
I asked the wife what that was all about and she was laughing so hard it took a few minutes before she could respond. The conversation went something like this.
Him: Nice bikes, what make are they?
Wife: This is MY Ducati Monster 796 and that’s my husband’s MV Agusta F3.
Him: I know about the Monsters but I’ve never heard of that other model. It must be new for Ducati this year.
Wife: No, it’s an MV Agusta F3.
Him: Who makes them if not Ducati?
Wife: MV Agusta makes them, in Italy.
Him: No, you’ve got that wrong. It’s a Ducati.
Wife: NO, IT IS NOT A DUCATI, it’s an MV Agusta.
Him: It sure is a Ducati. Look lady, it’s got the same frame, the same swing arm and brakes. It’s even Ducati red! Gees, you really need to learn what your husband is riding.

There's your sign! :laughing:

Here's the rest of Stephen's story.....

The guy sees Stephen and his wife ride up and get off their respective bikes......He sizes Stephen up, and quickly determines that his wife can't be too bright if she's hanging with him.

That's why he questioned her about the bikes. :stickpoke

Juuuuust kiddin Stephen. :)

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
I've got on more than one occasion - "What kind of Ducati is that?"

I just politely give them the :wtf: look and reply "No kind of Ducati" & point at the badge.

·
Registered
658 Posts
A cop pull me over for random bike check I have stock pipes on the F4 he told me thoes 4 pipes are heavy modified after market pipes. I said.no there originals look at the pipes it's got MV Agusta ingrave on it.

1 - 20 of 196 Posts