MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dash hasn't completely crapped out, but the tripometer resets itself sometimes when I start the bike...and now, the tachometer appears to be reading inaccurately, intermittently reading zero when at idle.

Any thoughts? Does anyone in the states diagnose and repair the clusters?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Knowing what you ride would be helpful

·
Registered
666 Posts
my 2010 1090rr had an intermittent tach issue which would read higher than the bike was revving. removed and used corrosion treetment on cluster connections helped it. then treated all of the other connections just because.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
As above, but don't forget to use dielectric grease on the 4 pin plug on the starter solenoid. The small wires feed the ecu, which feeds the gauge cluster. The female connectors loosen up with time and also have been known to cause a meltdown of the plastic plug.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
my 2010 1090rr had an intermittent tach issue which would read higher than the bike was revving. removed and used corrosion treetment on cluster connections helped it. then treated all of the other connections just because.

Pulled the connectors and sprayed all with contact cleaner and used a small amount of dielectric grease. Seems to be functioning properly now, but I'll have to watch. Still curious as to if anyone services these electronics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts