MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am kicking around ideas for a fun bike to ride everyday that is also indestructible. This would be a second bike.

In this instance my definition of fun is modest power (more than 80 hp) and handling that allows for spirited carving of twisty stuff. Does not need to be as focused as the latest sport bike but not a cruiser either. On road riding only.

Also, in this instance my definition of indestructible is akin to reliability. For instance, I want to be able to ride said bike in the rain, leave it sitting in the rain, and still have everything work on the bike, day in and day out over the lifetime of the bike. Also, I want the bike to be reasonably tough, as in if some clown backs into the bike bike while parked that it can be picked up and ridden like nothing happened, scuffed plastic is acceptable.

Cost should be $15K (USD) or less and something built within the last few years. Any and all suggestions are appreciated, I am curious to hear your thoughts.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
How 'bout the retro Honda CB1100......at around $10K

·
Registered
142 Posts
Suzuki SV650S (later model years)
I did the exact thing you are talking about. Rode around, rode to work and left in the parking lot whether 120 degrees, freezing, or raining. Never had an issue and its the general consensus across the forum. Rock solid platform and a V twin blast to ride. Also great to track from what I'm told. Below is my 2007 that I used to own. New they sold for $7500 but can now be purchased for sub $4000. The bike is no longer built.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
XT or SR 500 might be old but it will never let you down , chuck it down the rd dust it off and ride it
pick one up for a few grand and they look good mint or mangled

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I'll second the SV. I've had two and they fantastic little bikes. They also made an SV1000. Plenty of grunt, low seat height, comfy, and sounds amazing with a set of pipes on it. Not to mention the HUGE aftermarket. They have an SV race series, that's how sweet these bikes are.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Its why I bought the Griso. Electronically controlled ancient technology, simpler to work on, drive shaft, etc but push to start.

But seriously the SV. Those things seem to be the Toyota HiLux of bikes, I'm surprised terrorists aren't using them.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the responses. I will check out the SV's for sure.

I love the idea of a Griso, especially in that awesome matte green color but don't know much regarding the reliability of them.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I know where a Griso SE is sitting for sale, but I'm not going to say where. That's my first choice if I don't fit on a Brutale. No touch! :D

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
From what I have been told it looks like the 4 valves are tanks, the early 8 valve models are a bit flakey in parts (fixable but not perfect from factory) but that the late model 8 valves were well sorted.

And proitalia stocks/sources parts....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts