MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

First post here on the mvagusta.net forums and the new owner of an 2014 MV Agusta Brutale 800 Dragster. I was wondering if there are any full exhaust systems for the bike? Currently have an SC Project CRT Slip-on Exhaust that is waiting to be put on. Any info would be nice!

Jeremy

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
And you have to set some money aside for a custom mapping. I would advise to investigate what your options are before buying a full system.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Isn't it more about weight and sound? just losing the cat and servo on a zx10 dropped 14 lb, would love to get the same saving on a bike that weighs 150lb less

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I've been looking at this and toying with the idea for a while for weight and power but mapping is tricky where I am in Essex (England) with not much knowledge on these and the downpipes are expensive!

·
Registered
178 Posts
It's not the H.P. where you would notice the difference, the engine would have a lot quicker acceleration response. as long as the primary pipe is not to big, the bike will e.t. a fair amount quicker without the c.a.t. in the way...the weight would also make a difference...In a car, 100lbs. is a tenth of a second in the quarter mile...now, add the b.s.t. wheels..etc...you would have a light rocket ship. reducing weight has allways been best way to gain e.t...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I've not seen any aftermarket headers in person but from the pics the primaries look larger than stock which would mean they're built for top end flow in a racing type environment. That said the bends look smoother than stock and there's no cat. Big bucks though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts