MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anyone have experience with either the MV RG3 full system or/and the Motocorse full system for the F4 1000? how much power gain and what's the charactoristic of their power curve?

I read somewhere that the RG3s are made by Arrow, is that true? how is the RG3 build/weld quality? (I have had not so great experience with Arrow pipes) and how about the Motocorse system? are the motorcorse pipes made in Italy or Japan?

you probably guessed by now that I am not interested in unusual end cans because I love the original "organ pipes" as a part of the F4 design.

any feed back is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I can answer part of one of your Q's. RG3's are made by Arrow, just as the stock pipes are. Would expect quality to be similar to the stock pipes. Have an Arrow slip-on on my RSV1000, and no complaints about quality there either.

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
I am pretty sure the motocorse pipes are made in Japan. They are supposed to be top of the line in terms of quality, build and weight, weighing about 6 or so pounds in total. They have that stock look only in a gorgious titanium finish.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info and picture!

I visited both the motorcorse.jp and motocorse.net(it), the build quality looked top notch, the welds are perfect and beautiful. I have a Graves motorsport system(made by Ti force in Japan) on my Yamaha R6 and the quality is also absolutely top notch.

The Arrow pipes looked nice on their website too, I have a 2 stroke Arrow pipe on my Derbi GPR race bike and although it works fine the fit and finish is not that great, perhaps it's just because they don't care about the quality for the cheaper bikes.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Both are top notch quality. Of the two I've only heard of a problem on the Motocorse but that is a rarity. It was with the Ti welds. My Ti system is flawless as was my RG3.

Made in Japan as sold by Motocorse and MV Agusta SP/Corse.

Sorry can't help on 1000 gains questions but RG3's are a distinct improvement over stock and IMO Ti was another step again. The Ti pipes are so much freer I went from a base CO of 4% to 7.8%!! That is a huge jump not to mention the vast improvement in quality of sound, somewhat volume and mostly weight. The full Ti weighs less than ONE SIDE of the RG3 which is already significantly lighter than the stock.

I would say the RG3 is the best "bang for the buck" with a good improvement in performance, sound and weight...now they come in silver tips so I guess you get somewhat of an aesthetic change as well.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
can't beat PC3 WITH a custom map made on dyno for YOUR bike. may want to upgrade filter to PBC at the same time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts