MV Agusta Forum banner

Fugly Front Stand

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  carbonf4 
#1 ·
I am looking for a front stand which lifts from under the stearing head, rather than the forks or wheel, so I can check steering head bearings, remove wheel, forks etc. I was interested in the Biketek Front Head Stand or Pit Bull Newfront Stand, but neither seems to offer MV fitment, due to the MV not having a hole for the pin which slots under the steering head. The Pit Bull offers a Ducati conversion kit without pin, but after searching through old threads, it seems that this does not fit MV. So...I found this one by Red Racing Parts (Italy):

http://www.redracingparts.com/en/en...rcycles/productsandcomponents/frontstands.php

Vehicle

Then I found this one by Anderson Stands (Australia) and here's how they describe it on their website:

"NEW FRONT END LIFTER - THE Mk 5 or “Fugly” We have 2 other steering head lifters - the Mk 3 & 4, but they can’t lift 8 valve Ducatis or MV Agustas, because these don’t have a hole in the bottom of the steering stem. The Mk 5 uses a different lifting principle so it doesn’t need a hole, and it turns out to work well on most other bikes as well. Ideal for workshops. Only trouble is it’s so damn ugly!"

That's just too funny! (For those who don't know, "fugly" is short for "f@ckin ugly!") :laughing:

http://www.andersonstands.com/gallery/motorcycle_stands/Front Stand Mk5 Fugly AS3115 Ducati.htm

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Wheel Red

At a glance, the Fugly looks a lot stronger and sturdier, and is around double the weight of the Red Racing Stand, but it is ugly alright! Both offer Ducati and MV fitment, which is ideal for me, as I have both. Shipping isn't an issue as I am heading Downunder soon and both are around the same price, but I am leaning towards the Fugly.

My question is: does anyone use either one of these stands (or any other similar stand) on their MV and can you recommend it? In other words: do they work? What front head stand works on MV?

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks thursdays - i never think of checking the FAQ page when looking to buy something. :eek:

Now I have the Caprimoto Front Wheel stand to consider as well. I would also consider the "MV Factory windup front stand p/n 800095807", but getting factory MV parts can be hard work, so I'll take the part of least resistence. The three in consideration are around the same price, so I would be interested to hear from anyone who uses any of the three, particularly with regards to ease of use, stability, quality of workmanship, etc.?

Nicolino - is that the Pit Bull stand that costs $400? Pit Bull come well recommended, but between the cost of the stand and shipping cost from the US, it's probably not my best option, but thanks for the suggestion - its good to know they fit MV. ;)

Caprimoto front stand:

http://www.carpimoto.it/content/pro...s/pr_32027_Front_Wheel__Fork_Stand_CM03SM.htm

Parallel

Does anyone use any of these stands? :confused:

#6 ·
Nice write up hartley - honest and impartial. I'm thinking I'll probably go with the "Fugly". It is a bit bulky, but the handle can be removed, so you won't trip over it, and it looks strong and well constructed - a nice compliment to my abba superbike stand. If anyone else is using Anderson Stands I'd be interested to know what their quality is like. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.