MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dear forum members how is it best to cure this fuelling problem on f4 its terrible to ride below 3000 rpm not smooth tries to stall i have been told to re chip and fit power commander my f4 absolutely standard,my guzzi 1100-sport far smoother and duke 916 any help much appreciated mike uk:f4:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
the best fix i found was to not ride it under 3000rpm. 3000rpm is very low. I dont think too much time is spent on the fueling of these machines at revs such as these.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I don't think you need to both re-chip and fit PC, either on it's own will do, in fact if your bike is standard I'd just fit a PCIII and get your bike set up on a rolling road with dyno. There is a 'hole' in the power curve on the standard 1000S, a good tuner will put a custom map in the PC for you and sort the hole.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
There is a 'hole' in the power curve on the standard 1000S, a good tuner will put a custom map in the PC for you and sort the hole.
isnt that hole not til about 5k though? i really didnt think that a PC would have much effect under 3k. would like to be proved wrong though as if a PC made that much difference from such low revs id get one fitted.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
If I recall correctly it was between 3 and 4000 rpm on mine.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
dear forum members how is it best to cure this fuelling problem on f4 its terrible to ride below 3000 rpm not smooth tries to stall i have been told to re chip and fit power commander my f4 absolutely standard,my guzzi 1100-sport far smoother and duke 916 any help much appreciated mike uk:f4:

Where are you based ?

I can do a new chip that would be alot better than what you have now including a new ignition curve, modified ebs map and fan control....I have been modifying it and testing it in my 2005 S.

But you need to make sure the base tune is set up propery ie idle CO, throttle balance and TPS is ok. Mind you, you would need to do this anyway.

Cheers
Adam

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Where are you based ?

I can do a new chip that would be alot better than what you have now including a new ignition curve, modified ebs map and fan control....I have been modifying it and testing it in my 2005 S.

But you need to make sure the base tune is set up propery ie idle CO, throttle balance and TPS is ok. Mind you, you would need to do this anyway.

Cheers
Adam
Id be interested in this too. where in the UK are you?

·
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and
1,061 Posts
mv05exy adam is based bristol
hes doing mine soon as soon as i can get some time sorted

adam things gone a bit pear shaped my end at mo real fund issue but working on it
perhaps we can make a day of it and do a few bikes and raid adams coffe n biscuits cupboard while we're there lol

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I simply purchased a MV Corse Race ECU set up for RG3's. It's twice the machine it was before the ECU and the throttle is smooth through out the entire band :f4:

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Skip the chip, just get a PCIII USB and get the bike to a dyno shop. Also, going from a 39 to a 41 tooth sprocket in the back helps with take off.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
adam things gone a bit pear shaped my end at mo real fund issue but working on it
No worries Jas, whenever....if you want to come over and fit the chip anyhow thats fine, it would be good to get some feedback from it.
No point in waiting till after summer !

'Skip the chip, just get a PCIII USB and get the bike to a dyno shop.'

You can do it that way as well, would be a vast improvement with the fuel but there are a few other issues.

The ECU from xbikes would allow you to program all of these out yourself if your not able to tune the chip as I have done.
Also I believe it has 4 seperate maps, 1 for each cylinder - That is if it is finished yet ?

Issues include:

There is a big dip in the ignition curve on the standard chip at 4000 - 6000rpm and the low end is so slow to advance it is unreal.
The corse chip is better and the hole in the fueling at the same place is filled in as well but it runs too rich wide open.

The ebs works better if activated slightly higher up the revs so you don't get so much 'no blipping issues'.
This was the main thing that pissed me off when riding on normal roads and traffic.
I guess it's not meant for that but where I live I have no choice !

The fan temps are set to high - again only an issue around town...

There are actually 2 fuel maps, one is the base, the other is an offset for cylinders 2/3.
The PC3 can only tune the base map.

It would also depend on the mods you have on your bike as to wether my fueling would be any good to you.
I have set it up on the road and dyno with RG3, no cat and an aftermarket filter.

My software now allows logging and monitoring of 2 AFR channels as well as the standard ecu outputs such as rpm, tps, temps, advance etc.
Much easier to tune it on the dyno and produce a new fuel map.

Cheers
Adam

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fuelling

I don't think you need to both re-chip and fit PC, either on it's own will do, in fact if your bike is standard I'd just fit a PCIII and get your bike set up on a rolling road with dyno. There is a 'hole' in the power curve on the standard 1000S, a good tuner will put a custom map in the PC for you and sort the hole.
thank you john for info and ,other members looks like a trip to italia moto lincoln and have a pc fitted many thanks for you

in
fo:f4:

r

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Where are you based Mike? I had Italia service my F4 last year and they did a great job, but there is also John Warrington's in Malton who can set up your bike/PC etc. on his rolling road if you are North of the Humber.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
The ECU from xbikes would allow you to program all of these out yourself if your not able to tune the chip as I have done.
Also I believe it has 4 seperate maps, 1 for each cylinder - That is if it is finished yet ?

Yup it is finished. Just waiting for some feedback from the customer on performance and overall ease of use etc and then i'll be happy to put them up for sale.

Still got one peice not back from manufacturing, but it can be supplied and fitted after initial fitment.

Initial feedback was very promising indeed but i want the guy to get some more miles on it before i'm happy to supply this to other people.

Working on the Euro 2 910 Brutale fitment right now as well as the base maps for the 2010 F4.

2010 stuff is looking very very promising indeed :mouthwate

·
Registered
200 Posts
thank you john for info and ,other members looks like a trip to italia moto lincoln and have a pc fitted many thanks for you

Got my powercomander fitted by chris gunster in grimsby got his own rolling road so could sort you out a custom map ,hes a top bloke

r
got mine fitted at Chris gunster in grimsby got his own rolling road so can sort you a map out ,top boke aswell

·
Registered
1,221 Posts

in
fo:f4:

r
Mike, just a quick tip.

If you are using an MV chip and you have the choice between the standard and corse, go for the corse.

The corse ignition map is the better of the two as the 'hole' has been removed. It is still pants low down but a good improvement over the standard.

I guess not many know this as they are not as sad as me, but below is a simple visual of both maps.

1st is the standard, 2nd is the corse.

Cheers
Adam

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts