MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've done 115 miles with the new MV Corse ti system with dedicated ECU. 50 miles without db killer, 65 with it in. The pipes are deep blue for 6" from the head, then purple down to next section (2 into 1), then gold on to the can. All the pics I've seen of this system installed are silver/white with some light blue and the ti system on my ATV is also colored that way.

So my question is, does this mean it is fueled rich on an ECU that can't be changed or does it mean I haven't run it long enough or haven't run it hard enough yet? I haven't thrashed it at all as I'm a little rusty after some time away from riding, on two wheels anyway.

I'm gonna do 2-300 miles Monday, I'll see if it changes any.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
I've not seen a Ti system go white/silver, the colours you mentions is how I've seen it change, at least in the beginning, after more use the colours will go light and more uniform, maybe that's what you where thinking about ?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Titanium pipe colour

The colour of your Titanium pipe will change and get 'lighter'

That middle photo that Donsy posted (above) was of my Brutale 1078rr when I hadn't long fitted my titanium pipe....

Notice how it is a darker blue on the headers and a straw colour in the mid-pipe section in that photo.

Now notice how the blue is now 'paler' and how the mid-pipe section is now 'baby blue'?...this comes with more use and riding it a little harder.

Hope this helps
Brian.

Attachments

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very helpful gentlemen, thank you. I did 210 miles today with a little more aggression. The color is changing. This is the first major upgrade in 7 yrs. I think it was a good one!

Brian, very nice bike. The 1078 is the only thing I would consider changing to.

On another note, I found your avatar mildly disturbing until I checked your profile. My good friend and ATV riding buddy is a Baptist preacher. He keeps me in check!

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Very helpful gentlemen, thank you. I did 210 miles today with a little more aggression. The color is changing. This is the first major upgrade in 7 yrs. I think it was a good one!

Brian, very nice bike. The 1078 is the only thing I would consider changing to.

On another note, I found your avatar mildly disturbing until I checked your profile. My good friend and ATV riding buddy is a Baptist preacher. He keeps me in check!
:laughing:Glad to be of help and thanks for the kind comments regarding the 1078..., it truly is an awesome bike!

Oh and re my avatar ....., it will always be a struggle for us.., Not Him!.
And 'In' Him we will always have the victory.:)

"Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world"
Brian.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Oh, stop showing of your bike Brian,uhmm but i do like those titanium pipes would fit on mine just nice.

be good

cheers eddy

·
Registered
93 Posts
The Ti pipes have to some of the best looking I have seen on a bike! I'm jealous and would love a set on my 1090........ :(

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Chris,there always one person to spoil the party,But I will not name names LOL

Nice one Brian.oops

cheers eddy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts