MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just had my F4-1000 nero serviced. It was the first service after delivery and I had done just 614 miles. This is my second F4-1000, the first a 2004 model was brilliant, but had that slight hole/fuelling problem at about 4000 rpm.

The second is a late 2006 nero F4-1000. From new, riding away from the dealer and until its first service, it was linear and grunty, with buckets of torque up to 8000-9000 while running in. I stuck to 4500-5000 to 300 miles & 8000-9000 up to 600 miles first service.

The fueling was spot on, I could barrel into corners with no worries, wind on throttle mid-corned and get linear drive out of corner from low down revs. brilliant - just loved the bike and engine, stunning.

Got bike back from first service from dealer, took her home and my god, she feels bloody awful !!!!!!!!!

The low down grunt has gone, there's the hole around 4000 rpm, now you have to rev her like a 750 to get any where. The throttle mid corenr is more like a switch, which unsettles you mid-corner !!!!!!

While I was at Willingham Woods bike meet, met another guy who had F4-1000 nero, from the same dealer, he said his was brilliant until first service as well.

I am really gutted, was really looking forward to revving up to 11000, to get that air box roar. But can't ride her now without being disappointed.

In heinsight, should have asked them to leave fueling alone and not changed, is this part of service ?

Anyone had the same ?

Comments please

·
Registered
418 Posts
Im interested in this as well, my nero now ready for 600 mile service and am curious. I also have the aforementioned (another thread) overheating problem to deal with.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I think I would take the bike back or talk to the tech and ask him what he did to the fuelling,
F4's seem to run better when set to around 4.5%co at idle, maybe he has just reset the co wrong, or worse, set the Throttle potentiometer wrong, the second should be easy to see as he will have disturbed the yellow paint on the screws that he would need to undo to alter it :jsm:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Any chance your dealer set the fuelling to the map of a different model??
Tont

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
mikef4uk said:
I think I would take the bike back or talk to the tech and ask him what he did to the fuelling,
F4's seem to run better when set to around 4.5%co at idle, maybe he has just reset the co wrong, or worse, set the Throttle potentiometer wrong, the second should be easy to see as he will have disturbed the yellow paint on the screws that he would need to undo to alter it :jsm:
Mike, doesn't the factory recomend between 3% and 4%? I have mine set at 4.5% percent and I don't think I'd go any leaner than that.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Obmot said:
Im interested in this as well, my nero now ready for 600 mile service and am curious. I also have the aforementioned (another thread) overheating problem to deal with.
600!! get out and ride man! we got our bikes around the same time i think, and mine has about 1100 on it...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was 600 a couple of weeks ago, we've had snow and salt on roads until mid march over here in the UK, MV's aren't to particular to road salt !!!!!

Now some rain has washed roads of most salt and sunny days are here, now got 1200 miles.

Back at dealers today - hopefully they'll get rid of hole between 4000 - 6000 that was not there before, also when accelerate from 5000 ish, bogs down until it hits 6500, then goes - bloody horrible !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She has now been back to dealer and fuelling is spot on again - took about five atempts, but now spot on again.

They tried 4.5%, ran really well, but kept cutting out at traffic lights etc.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I noticed mine was kind of weak and choppy also. I had taken the tank off to clean it and install my scorpio alarm. When I went to put it together I rushed it. For awhile I noticed it was week down low and choppy. What I was getting was when I would roll on the trottle smothly it would kind chugg for a sec then slowly like it was miss firing pick up and then I would get my top end back. I took the tank off again to do some maintance and noticed the the small vacuom line that looks unimportant was dissconected and that it went to all four throttle bodies. I reconneceted it and wow I cant belivie it but shes back she is running perfect and I got close to 7mils on it. Its something simple to check for the tank is a joke to get off.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Mine just had the 12000km service, cam chain was rattley and they checked the CO which was 4%.

Bike runs better than ever!

Thanks Horizon!

Our Northern dealer told me OZboy if they don't check the valves at the 1000k service you can void your warranty!

They need checking even though it is rare that any are out of adjustment, it is not good enough in servicing to say that they shouldn'td need it one private workshop service guy told me!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
gazman said:
Mine just had the 12000km service, cam chain was rattley and they checked the CO which was 4%.

Bike runs better than ever!

Thanks Horizon!

Our Northern dealer told me OZboy if they don't check the valves at the 1000k service you can void your warranty!

They need checking even though it is rare that any are out of adjustment, it is not good enough in servicing to say that they shouldn'td need it one private workshop service guy told me!
HOLY SHITE!
I had better get onto it then!:moped:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts