MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a spot of bad luck. I was changing the plugs on my bike (fuel tank delicately balanced on the frame, still hooked up) when my little boy walked by and brushed the tank... CRASH!!!

I had the tank repainted but the wiring harness pulled loose during the incident. I have the wring diagram but it doesn't have wire color codes. I need to know if anybody here has an idea about how these little jewels go back in there (picture would be tremendously helpful).

The wires on the tank side are the ones that came loose.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,447 Posts
Yeeowsers~

I'll take a look at my wife's 1090RR tomorrow if no one else has chimed in by then....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that would be really helpful. I guess what I need to know is:
White - Green
Red - Purple

There are two blue wires on the bike-side. One is a larger gauge than the other.

Thanks

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
wires?

try search, i posted the wiring order before for the same reason,
if you can't find it call me in the morning, i have a tank off and pump out

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
try search, i posted the wiring order before for the same reason,
if you can't find it call me in the morning, i have a tank off and pump out
Is it the same colours Noel, both fuel pumps I have here use different colours too.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I think the wire colors are different. But I have a couple of Brutale tanks and will check to be sure.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
All the Brutale fuel pumps I have are red, black, orange, white. That's with the plug oriented the way you have it in the picture and moving left to right.

I'm guessing on yours it is going to be, moving left to right: red, black, blue, white.

·
Super Moderator
22,447 Posts
Carl, are those 1090RR pumps? I'd have to take Cinbrutales tank off..which I haven't done yet...but I will.

·
Super Moderator
22,447 Posts
I'll have a peek at Cindy's then...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This site didn't have what I needed but it was still pretty cool so I thought I'd throw it out there
http://www.ufixmoto.com/oem/brutale-990-r-1090-rr-2010--1_1032.html

I also wanted to give a big thanks to Keith at Munroe Motors (a site sponsor here) for helping me with all the parts I needed regarding the tank and other items (unfortunately the diagram he sent with the parts didn't include color coded wires but hopefully I can get that here). The crew up there is very help, patient... general speaking, they act like they are happy to have your business, a big plus in my book (and unfortunately an all to uncommon trait). I wouldn't order anything from anywhere else.

This was in no way an effort to bump this thread :naughty:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you'd better take pictures and post them:stickpoke

Fubar75207;
did you get an answer yet?
Uh, now that you mention it... no, I haven't found the answer anywhere. It seems the bikes are rare, even at the dealer location. Lucky us, unless we need one for reference.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
wired?

Fubar75207;
do you have a wiring diagram? on previous models
1&2 are for the low fuel light
3&4 are for the pump, if you back trace the wiring diagram, the positive comes from the fuel pump relay

put 12 volts to the pump wires to check the direction of rotation hook the one that makes it rotate the right way to the wire from the relay the other is ground

for the low fuel light, i think i'd put the pump on the table the way it goes in the bike and just touch the terminals......i have a sneaky suspicion it doesn't matter

hopefully someone will have another bike and will be willing to look

·
Super Moderator
22,447 Posts
Sorry Fubs....

I did not get to take Cindy's (Brutales) clothes off yesterday to take a peek at what is underneath. I will today and I'll try to post pictures...for Noel.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol... I guess that plan will sound better as I get more desperate. I am hoping the Cindy's Brutale like to wear the same color unmentionables. Because if things looks different under there, I am stuck trying to figure out how my girl is wired. Frankly, I've been trying to do that for the better part of two decades without any definable success.

I took a look at the wires coming off the bike, two of the are notable larger, .85mm; the other two are .50mm. SO I think at least I've got narrowed down to 50/50 but all of the wires coming out of the tank are .75mm.

Italians, oui!

·
Super Moderator
22,447 Posts
I'm heading out....

...to the garage now. I'll let you know what I find.

·
Super Moderator
22,447 Posts
Here is the answer

Here you go Fubar...in the picture, the clip that keeps the connection together is on the underside. Keep that in mind for sequencing.

IMG_0508rTEXT.jpg

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Perfect, exactly what I needed! Thanks for reducing it to a picture… I am a simple man. Wordy technical responses only confuse me.

I owe you. As I am a Bail Bondsman in Texas, just let me know if you plan to rob a bank or pillage a nearby town. I’ll be on standby for you.

·
Super Moderator
22,447 Posts
...I'd accept a turn at the wheel of that htere GT!!!!

Get the Brutale up and running now....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts