MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my daughter's 2019 Brutale 800RR to the dealer since the garage was filing up with fuel vapors. The dealer found a hose molded into the fuel tank is cracked. From past experience they indicated that a replacement would take a year to get here. So she cannot ride it for a year or more.

Anyone hear of this?
If it matters the bike is still under warranty.

Is there a way to speed up receiving the replacement tank or a way to get the bike replaced so she can ride?
Thanks,
caedmon

· Super Moderator
26,133 Posts
Anyone hear of this?
There have been many discussion and threads here about tanks swelling and internal hose failure.
The fuel tank is part of the emissions control system and is warrantied (in the US) for at least five, if not 7, years.

· Old Wing Nut
25,589 Posts
The fuel tank is part of the emissions control system and is warrantied (in the US) for at least five, if not 7, years.
5 years or 30,000 Km (18641 miles) whichever comes first.

MV should not take that long to get you a replacement tank. You should contact the company, both in Italy and here in the USA.
Not only is your leaking tank an emissions device and warranty failure, it is a serious risk for fire. MV will not want to pay the claim when your home burns down due to their defective fuel tank.

Reactions: silentservice703

· Registered
Mv Agusta Dragster RR 2019, Mv Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso 2020
253 Posts
My first replacement tank took 9 months to arrive but only two months for the paint to bubble again!
Hello!!
When was that?
Because they now solved any swelling or painting problems with new tanks made of a different material by acerbis...
I talk from personal experience.....up to 2020 it was a kind of a pr disaster for Mv

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My first replacement tank took 9 months to arrive but only two months for the paint to bubble again!
The dealer submitted a warranty claim. The two previous claims they submitted took a year for the tank to arrive. MV has indicated that the tanks are in stock but the company which paints them takes that long.

· Old Wing Nut
25,589 Posts
I would have thought paint was an in-house process.

· Registered
2013 Brutale 800, 22'500km
5 Posts
let me (as a european folk) tell you that if you need anything in good quality in a reasonable timespan from europe: all countries will satisfy your needs.

besides italy.

italians can really design beautiful cars, bikes, whatever... but they cannot get their quality and build time straight.

· Old Wing Nut
25,589 Posts
Welcome to the family @ApexTM .....please do us the honor of an introduction in the New Member section.

· Old Wing Nut
25,589 Posts
MV should have addressed the problem a while back. It's a huge liability risk for them. I would be surprised to see this happen on later model bikes.

· Registered
72 Posts
Has anyone heard of bubbling/paint cracking on the 2020 Mv Brutale/Dragster 800rc? I'm look to purchase one but I really want to know what I'm getting myself into if I'd go down the MV route again. I previously had a 2016 Brutale 675 and after a year, a bunch of issues came up (including but not limited to the tank bubbling).
I've heard they were planning to make changes to this tank issue in particular but just wanted to know more info. Thanks.

· Old Wing Nut
25,589 Posts
@bbycakes ..... yes....fuel tank material issues were addressed. It wasn't just MV with problems. Big expense to the manufacturers that they didn't like having.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts