MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Sorry for the English)

at 5000km, service said that we need to clean the air filter and i said ok lets do it. we removed the tanks bolts and just lifted the tank up smoothly like 3 - 4 cm (1 - 3 inches) i hear a liquid spilling sound and some petrol sent.. then when i looked under the tank, the pipes that connect the fuel injectors to the tank is broken from the cap... OHH MAN i was so depreessed when i saw that...

the sevice guy said i dont have any responsibility over that.. In some way he is right because we didnt lifted it too much or pulled too hard. Than i looked for the part but none existed in my country :( After 2 weeks of search i ve found it but it costed me 325€ DAMN!!! that kind of money for a tiny little pipe and some jacks, thats not fair..

I just wonder any of u guys might know the actual price of this item. Thanks in advance.

Be Safe....

Attachments

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
It's best to replace the originals with metal connectors but to get you going again I think I've got a white one in the garage, if you let me know where you are in the world, I'll see how much it will cost to send if you want it, otherwise try Carl (CAG) he will probably have one

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi "john" and thank you for your reply.. i live in Turkey and these bikes are extremely rare here so the service and spare parts are way too expensive... Thank you for the offer... For the time being i ve bought the new ones and waited 1 month for them. I hope they wont break again.. If They do i ll definitely PM you :) or Carl. I just wanted to find out the retail prices of these little bastards out in the other countries.
Thx again John.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
For 325 Euro, I hope you got both fuel lines with all 4 connectors. Otherwise you paid way too much money.

The metal fittings to replace the broken plastic ones are $35. For 2. Shipping to Turkey is $13.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For 325 Euro, I hope you got both fuel lines with all 4 connectors. Otherwise you paid way too much money.

The metal fittings to replace the broken plastic ones are $35. For 2. Shipping to Turkey is $13.
Yeah i get the whole set for that money.. But its still too much i ithink... ill order the metal ones next month. 35$ for 1 piece right?

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Hi "john" and thank you for your reply.. i live in Turkey and these bikes are extremely rare here so the service and spare parts are way too expensive... Thank you for the offer... For the time being i ve bought the new ones and waited 1 month for them. I hope they wont break again.. If They do i ll definitely PM you :) or Carl. I just wanted to find out the retail prices of these little bastards out in the other countries.
Thx again John.

If I were you I'd cancel that order and get the metal ones from Cag.

1) you'll pay alot less
2) You'll get a much better product
3) You'll be back on the road alot quicker

Why pay more money for an inferior product, which is going to take longer to get there and delay your riding ,when you have people on the forum who are willing to help you. I don't understand !! :stickpoke

joe

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Yeah i get the whole set for that money.. But its still too much i ithink... ill order the metal ones next month. 35$ for 1 piece right?
No, $35 for both male fittings.

You can pay me $35 each if you want to because I'm a swell guy, but you don't have to.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
If I were you I'd cancel that order and get the metal ones from Cag.

1) you'll pay alot less
2) You'll get a much better product
3) You'll be back on the road alot quicker

Why pay more money for an inferior product, which is going to take longer to get there and delay your riding ,when you have people on the forum who are willing to help you. I don't understand !! :stickpoke

joe
Thank you.

Joe i ve ordered and installed them before i ve found this useful site sadly :bash: So its too late for me :bawling:

i ve opened this topic to find out how much those pipes actually are in foreign countries. I ve searched ebay but no luck at that time while i was searching.

Now i decided to buy the metal ones in case of any other breakdown at the connectors.i will save the metal ones for spare... when the day comes ill be ready :naughty:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, $35 for both male fittings.

You can pay me $35 each if you want to because I'm a swell guy, but you don't have to.
hahah... thank you CAG you are so generous :naughty:
i ll pm you for those connectors next month....

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
I paid $240.00US for both fuel lines with fittings. Not as bad as yours but still a rip off.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Thank you.

Joe i ve ordered and installed them before i ve found this useful site sadly :bash: So its too late for me :bawling:

i ve opened this topic to find out how much those pipes actually are in foreign countries. I ve searched ebay but no luck at that time while i was searching.

Now i decided to buy the metal ones in case of any other breakdown at the connectors.i will save the metal ones for spare... when the day comes ill be ready :naughty:
It's just a glitch..You'll do well with your MV ownership in this forum.

The wanted section is great for needs...

all the best

joe

ps..you could fit the metal connectors to your original pipes and swap them whenever you like..and keep your new ones in the bag as brand new spares....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's just a glitch..You'll do well with your MV ownership in this forum.

The wanted section is great for needs...

all the best

joe

ps..you could fit the metal connectors to your original pipes and swap them whenever you like..and keep your new ones in the bag as brand new spares....
Thank you Joe... There is a lot of Thoughtful people in this site :) i am not alone any more... I ll do as you say about the metal connectors.

PS: I am living in the capital of Turkey and my brutale is the only one in the city so i feel kind of lone :) and nobody knows any spare parts or accessories about my bike here. The people who knows anything about this bike or agusta they just try to rip off me :bawling: about the parts...

BE safe..

·
Registered
871 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagustastore/index.php/accessories/evolutionbike/sgarap1.html

Is this the part? How many to replace them all and are there lines that need replaced to?

Hey Uni88, how is Ankara these days? I toured Konya with my band a year ago for 10 days playing concerts at their International Mystic Music Festival in honor of Rumi. A long haul for a small town boy from Indiana. :)
Today i get the mail from Carl... YEAH the METAL CONNECTORS :yo: CARL Thank you man....

Yeah thats the part. As far as i know there are two of these connectors on the bike (I am not sure) and you can change them, no need to replace the whole fuel line the other female connectors are ok at end of the fuel line pipes.

:) Ankara is Snowy these days... :( 40 cm snow on the ground... Its like Canada moved here to Turkey :)

If you come to Turkey again pls let me know you are always welcome to stay at my home man...

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8708/img1070k.jpg
http://img858.imageshack.us/img858/92/img1069.jpg

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
It is hit or miss. Sometimes they last for years, other times they just seem to break. For $35 it's cheap peace of mind.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you dont need to apologise for your English! its better then mine and I'm English!

Glad you got it sorted though.

Thx man :) it was a big relief when i found this site, No the connectors are ok; i can take deep breath.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was thinking in doing this upgrade...is it a good decision or the chances that they broke are small?
As Cag says its a chance but i dont recommend u take it. it could broke in a really bad time and this make you hate your bike :(

replace them when you have the chance of doing it in controlled way. No suprises :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts