MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All

My Brutale is broken. It would not start and I realised that the pump did not seem to be pumping (for the first 3 secs) at all. I tried the fuse. cleaned it, read the manual got more confused and went to the shop. They now have the bike but because of the GP they could not start it until this week (they are at Silverstone).

They said they were getting a few in with the same fault at the moment and found that in some cases the alarm was wired in wrongly and was drawing some current through the black box, with the fuses in, and this seemed to cause a failure. This was not all that they had seen and with some the box had just packed up.

Any collective ideas. Of course my bike is now out of warranty so I am getting the Cat removed and replaced with Arrow pipes at the same time. DO I need a rechip?

John

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Fuel pump

Had the same thing happen to my SPR. I died on me at a set of lights and would not start. I thought it was fuel but it wasnt. After taking of the fuel tank i puleed out the pump and the fuel sender only to find that the wire to the fuel sender had de attached itself. So i re soldered it and epoxied it back in. No problems . Better than keeping it in the workshop for 8 weeks waiting for parts. :naughty:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts