MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello members!
Wondering if anyone has any helpful input. Just brought my 06 Brutale 750 in for its 7500 mile service. Got a call telling my that plastic fuel tank has warped due to heat, ethanol in fuel, low mileage etc. I believe there is a rubber o ring and a warping tank engagement problem. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and does anyone have any helpful info?
Erik

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
I would have MV Agusta warranty replace your tank if it is so warped from ethanol that the fuel pump seat has gone out of round.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Not something we hear of very often (if ever) on the first generation Brutale's, are you sure someone's not spinning you a story. There's two o-ring's in there that may requires replacement due to damage caused by fuel damage at times, but not tank being warped.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty sure they're not spinning a tale. Shop is Pro Italia. Surprised nobody has experienced this issue as I was told it's fairly common and factory is aware of problem and has designed a fix for current bikes

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Pretty sure they're not spinning a tale. Shop is Pro Italia. Surprised nobody has experienced this issue as I was told it's fairly common and factory is aware of problem and has designed a fix for current bikes
Like I said, not that common on the "old" models, which is not the same as the current models, so your statement is a bit double sided.
I didn't say impossible though, Pro Italia is ex forum sponsors and seem to be doing a great job.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My bike is now back together thankfully! They left the tank in the sun for a bit, replaced the o rings and were able to get it to seal back together. Big thanks to the guys at Pro Italia

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
My bike is now back together thankfully! They left the tank in the sun for a bit, replaced the o rings and were able to get it to seal back together. Big thanks to the guys at Pro Italia
Good to hear.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Older models less prevalent possibly because back then there was still a proliferation of ethanol free fuel here. I think with the fuel we are forced to use, anything goes for any model of bike. If it aint your tank getting jacked, it will be the rest of the fuel system. The fuel simply sucks.

·
Registered
14,409 Posts
wtf?

No Fragile ......the fuel system sucks.....

maybe the stupid people that design bikes don't know about ethanol

the rest of the world does :stickpoke:stickpoke

1 - 9 of 9 Posts