MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the third time a fuel hose has let go in the tank and left me on the side of the road. The first time on my Duc 748 (same design). The crimps on the hoses don't hold, OK I've gotton very good at getting the tank off removing the pump unit and re-attaching the hoses, but the O-rings on the unit and quick disconnects always leak if you don't have new ones.

I was fortunate to have 2 fellow bikers stop to see if I needed help, they took my broken O-rings to a shop and brought back replacements. I have replaced the crimps w/ screw type hose clamps along w/ new hoses, and will now carry a spare set of rubber O's in my kit.

The bad thing was after reassembly, my right silver tank side pannels fell off on the way home, I went back and found it on the side of the hwy. but alas it had been run over and needs replacing. Anyone know of a F4 thats being parted out? Casoli has CF panels for $430 a set (ouch!) I hate having this bike in a state of undress.

·
Registered
14,641 Posts
For the third time a fuel hose has let go in the tank and left me on the side of the road. The first time on my Duc 748 (same design). The crimps on the hoses don't hold, OK I've gotton very good at getting the tank off removing the pump unit and re-attaching the hoses, but the O-rings on the unit and quick disconnects always leak if you don't have new ones.

I was fortunate to have 2 fellow bikers stop to see if I needed help, they took my broken O-rings to a shop and brought back replacements. I have replaced the crimps w/ screw type hose clamps along w/ new hoses, and will now carry a spare set of rubber O's in my kit.

The bad thing was after reassembly, my right silver tank side pannels fell off on the way home, I went back and found it on the side of the hwy. but alas it had been run over and needs replacing. Anyone know of a F4 thats being parted out? Casoli has CF panels for $430 a set (ouch!) I hate having this bike in a state of undress.
David;
what you need to do is my mod of the fuel tank flange next to each of the mounting studs is a notch thats what cuts your O-rings you need to epoxy it and sand it smooth....
the repair is in Donsy's sticky
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39000&page=10

for the side panel, PM member CAG or a put a WTB thread in the FS/WTB Section :drummer:

·
Registered
265 Posts
When I serviced my fuel system after buying a 2007 F4R with 7,700 miles on it, I wasn't happy with the fit of the factory clamps on the fuel hoses. I found I could pull the hoses off the pump and filter even with the clamps on. I keep a stock of stainless steel clamps on hand for my other bikes and picked the correct size for the new fuel lines on the F4. Now, I can't pull the hoses off the fittings and I'm sure they won't blow off when in use. These are the clamps I use. You need to size them properly since they have a limited adjustment range. I order from McMaster-Carr online: fantastic place, I've never bought anything that was out of stock or backordered.

Eric

http://images2.mcmaster.com/Contents/gfx/large/53175k29p1l.png?ver=15238301

·
Premium Member
2,928 Posts
Kudos to responding to an 8 year old question. He'da had to have changed the fuel lines almost 3 times by now according to the maintenance schedule. :)

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Holy old thread.

I had the same issue, replaced with nicer SS clamps and Gates hoses only to have it happen again. Eventually got frustrated enough to have a shop look at it, they safety wired it all together like they do their Duc track bikes and its been great since.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
David;
what you need to do is my mod of the fuel tank flange next to each of the mounting studs is a notch thats what cuts your O-rings you need to epoxy it and sand it smooth....
the repair is in Donsy's sticky
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39000&page=10

for the side panel, PM member CAG or a put a WTB thread in the FS/WTB Section :drummer:
Noel sale him Ade/CAG cf under tank cover then you can take me out for lunch LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts