MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys, I know the answer is somewhere on here and I've been searching literally for hours: The fuel pump plate o-rings show in the photo in the manual (page 47 section B Brutale 750-1078 Workshop Manual) as one sitting against the plate and the other sitting in the indent about a 1/4" up. Neither of the o-rings that were on the pump when I removed it are the correct diameter to fit the indent. As far as I know they are supposed to both be the same diameter, but it appears that they fit onto two different diameters on the pump.

All I can figure is to just push them both down together and forget about the indent.

Help!

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, I just had a thought - maybe the o-rings are stretched out beyond their normal diameter? I am going to see if I can source some from a local parts place so I can get this back together today. I've got the spec that Noel posted somewhere.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
if you need fuel pump o-ring, I have some extra from my F4 same as Brutale that I bought extra from Pro Italy for $12 or $16 I don't remember how much I paid for it, you can swing my house in Fountain Valley to pick up today

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you need fuel pump o-ring, I have some extra from my F4 same as Brutale that I bought extra from Pro Italy for $12 or $16 I don't remember how much I paid for it, you can swing my house in Fountain Valley to pick up today
I might take you up on that offer. I'll let you know in a little while

Thank you.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Phil,

I am not going to be able to make it up there today. Thanks for the offer, though, I appreciate it!

·
Registered
14,505 Posts
O-rings?

Chris;
The O-rings come from McMaster-Carr I'll get you the part numbers when I get home

Out enjoying the company of a tall Brazilian

:drummer:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chris;
The O-rings come from McMaster-Carr I'll get you the part numbers when I get home

Out enjoying the company of a tall Brazilian

:drummer:
Thanks. I had sent you a PM this morning (didn't want to call you early in the morning) hoping you might have some information for me. Taking a look at the website, I found either 9464K548 (Chemical-Resistant Viton® Fluoroelastomer) or 9452K197 (Oil-Resistant Buna-N). In my time reading through the forum, I remember seeing Buna-N mentioned, but in reading the text on McMaster-Carr, the Chemical-Resistant one seems more applicable to a gasoline seal. Anyway, I'll wait to hear from you. Thanks.

·
Registered
14,505 Posts
O-rings

Here you go:
McMaster-Carr part #s

The big fuel pump plate ones
9452K197. You get 25 for ~$8

The quick disconnect male ones
9262K141 you get 100 for ~$5
These are slightly smaller so they don't get cut

:popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Here you go:
McMaster-Carr part #s

The big fuel pump plate ones
9452K197. You get 25 for ~$8

The quick disconnect male ones
9262K141 you get 100 for ~$5
These are slightly smaller so they don't get cut

I wonder why they won't ship out of the Country ?

·
Registered
14,505 Posts
?

Thank
I wonder why they won't ship out of the Country ?
Donsy;
It's because they are dumb fucks and lazy

They don't take cash or personal checks either

Order whatever you want and have it sent to me.....

I have a stack of customs forms here on the table

You'll owe me the postage.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts