MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday on the CC riding through the national park as i was coming out the fuel pump hose decides to let go while i ride.

Now lucky spiro was only baking a lemon mirangue pie at home when i called him for help. So as it happens he drove down in his chefs apron and fixes the CC on the side of the road.

Now its one thing to see a CC but in pieces on the roadside is another. As we pulled it apart we find the hoses deteriorating and the original fuel pump inside as well as the pump hose completley deteriotlrated. Now the service history from trupper lus garage shows it has been serviced every 300km and everything has been done. Bullshit just another bullshit mechanic that done nothing snd charged a arm and a leg. Just goes to show why you should do your own mechanical work
I will sort these guys out later and let you know how it goes

Thanks to me chef mate spiro he saved the day and made a pie. His a legend and thankyou again for helping me mate. You did well holding the tank for me while i fixed it haha

Here is a picture for your amusement.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
264 Posts
Your situation is why I do all my own work, as I'm sure you will from now on! Great day when your pals will drop what they're doing to help you out. You definitely own him a six pack of his favorite brew.

Glad you were able to make it home.

Eric

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
As they say across the Atlantic, BRILLIANT. Do you happen to have pics of the degraded hoses? I will be doing my 05 fuel lines (long overdue as well) and it would be nice to compare.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your situation is why I do all my own work, as I'm sure you will from now on! Great day when your pals will drop what they're doing to help you out. You definitely own him a six pack of his favorite brew.

Glad you were able to make it home.

Eric
Mate i owe him more than a six pack. Spiro is a legend

·
Vendor
5,336 Posts
Spiro is a great guy:yo:Change those horrible plastic fuel fittings too for piece of mind.:jsm:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Spiro is a legend. Even in his apron lol

Thanks Sam and it was a pleasure to help out a friend. As for the pictures of the deteriorated hoses, I am sure Sam will take the pics and post when I change them.
I don't mind if he takes the credit. Oh by the way, that's the last piece of the pie.
:f4:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Sam and it was a pleasure to help out a friend. As for the pictures of the deteriorated hoses, I am sure Sam will take the pics and post when I change them.
I don't mind if he takes the credit.
:f4:
Mate i think you should start a mv roadside assistance service. Just from me you will make a killing. Your a legend bro

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hahaha service doneby authorised dealership. You kidding me. You would have better luck trying to stab yourself with a bucket than get a dealer to actually do thevwork

Isnt he pretty

1 - 20 of 79 Posts