MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I am wanting to ask any forum members in Melbourne, South East who have done the fuel line upgrade to assist me in doing this modification. I am very novice at most things to do with MV's and somewhat nervous to play with things involving fuel without guidance or supervision.

If you have some time spare on the weekend and don't mind teaching a novice and lending a hand I would love to hear from you. Happy to buy lunch, and supply a slab of beer or bottle of scotch for your time and help.

I have pretty much all the tools bar a clic r clamp tool. I have acquired a Gates external fuel line hose 5/16 approx 1 meter and am in search of the correct metal fittings and clamps.
If anyone knows where to get the metal fittings/clamps in Australia and can point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

I know many of you will be shaking your heads and grinding your teeth, some will even want to curse. I am asking for help because I don't feel confident to attempt this based on reading instructions and following manuals, I need someone who is an SME to ensure I am doing things correctly and doesn't mind teaching.

Who wants to help a fellow MV man?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Can't help with labour mate, but the fuel fittings can be picked up at many Triumph and Ducati dealers, have you asked the MV dealers near you ? That is if you're not willing to buy them from the Forum vendors.
The clamps, in Stainless steel, can be picked up at any car parts distributor, Auto One ..etc, or hardware shop eg. Bunnings.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Hey folks,

I am wanting to ask any forum members in Melbourne, South East who have done the fuel line upgrade to assist me in doing this modification. I am very novice at most things to do with MV's and somewhat nervous to play with things involving fuel without guidance or supervision.

If you have some time spare on the weekend and don't mind teaching a novice and lending a hand I would love to hear from you. Happy to buy lunch, and supply a slab of beer or bottle of scotch for your time and help.

I have pretty much all the tools bar a clic r clamp tool. I have acquired a Gates external fuel line hose 5/16 approx 1 meter and am in search of the correct metal fittings and clamps.
If anyone knows where to get the metal fittings/clamps in Australia and can point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

I know many of you will be shaking your heads and grinding your teeth, some will even want to curse. I am asking for help because I don't feel confident to attempt this based on reading instructions and following manuals, I need someone who is an SME to ensure I am doing things correctly and doesn't mind teaching.

Who wants to help a fellow MV man?
I have one suggestion for you, before you take out your fuel pump or have someone else do it, just make sure you have a spare O-ring or else. Good luck.

·
Registered
14,209 Posts
I have one suggestion for you, before you take out your fuel pump or have someone else do it, just make sure you have a spare O-ring or else. Good luck.
+10

msfc;
the O-rings get cut by the metal notches next to the mounting studs, you should epoxy the notches and sand the epoxy smooth......it's in Donsy's sticky.........somewhere:jsm:

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts

·
Registered
14,209 Posts
my posts are sorted last post 1st so I can see the latest......I have no time to search for everyone else.......

I'm......

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am lucky to have a few spare including some smaller O rings which were thrown in when I bought the rear wheel bearing from a forum member. I will suss out the metal filler part of the upgrade for the fuel pump as well wen I do the fuel lines.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I don't know how much ethanol is in Oz fuel but regardless make sure the fuel pipe you get can handle that sort of fuel. As a rule MV's don't like high percentages of ethanol. In the UK it is always recommended that one uses "super" variants of unleaded.

·
Vendor
5,156 Posts
I don't know how much ethanol is in Oz fuel but regardless make sure the fuel pipe you get can handle that sort of fuel. As a rule MV's don't like high percentages of ethanol. In the UK it is always recommended that one uses "super" variants of unleaded.
We are are lucky in Australia so far (except for the price of fuel),we have a maximum of 10% of Ethanol in our fuel,but most fuel choices have no Ethanol at all.But if he is doing the fuel hose and filter service he still needs the submersible fuel hose in the tank and quality fuel injection hose externally.Gates in Australia have have both types of hose available.:)

·
Registered
820 Posts
Spypyp,

Too far away to help (Nth. Qld.) other than talk you through it. I wouldn't worry personally about clic r clamps. I reckon they're shit and replaced mine with s.s. screw clamps. They are the reason the hoses pop off in the first place. The o-rings (2) are 4 7/8" o.d. x 4 5/8" i.d. and easily available. Try S.I.L. seal imports online, about $23 for the pair (viton). Drain your tank properly it saves a lot of hassles. Also be careful if you are replacing the plastic fitting in the tank base. One of mine was either loctited or just plain tight and snapped off. Took a special tool and lots of patience to remove.

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
874 Posts
Spypyp,

Too far away to help (Nth. Qld.) other than talk you through it. I wouldn't worry personally about clic r clamps. I reckon they're shit and replaced mine with s.s. screw clamps. They are the reason the hoses pop off in the first place. The o-rings (2) are 4 7/8" o.d. x 4 5/8" i.d. and easily available. Try S.I.L. seal imports online, about $23 for the pair (viton). Drain your tank properly it saves a lot of hassles. Also be careful if you are replacing the plastic fitting in the tank base. One of mine was either loctited or just plain tight and snapped off. Took a special tool and lots of patience to remove.

Cheers

Deano
Buudy, im not the one with the tank/bike issues. You need to direct your message to someone else.
As for sorting out MV issues i think i have it covered.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts