MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally drummed up the courage to pull the tank off to change the rear brake fluid and noticed one of the two "slip on" fuel line fittings was broken.
So I'm looking to replace both, what is the recommendation?
I was a little surprised there was no barb on the fuel rail pipe, just a straight pipe and these plastic fittings slide on, no lock as such.
Anyway any help would be warmly welcomed guys!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is what it all looks like:
(and what's the go with all those wires? Should that all be wrapped or something?)

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
Ed's got you pointed in the right direction Kel. The fuel rail fittings are John Guest fittings, not sure where you can buy them locally, but the fittings on the other side are widely available on the forum, including places like Triumph or Ducati dealers.
That wiring is a mess, and probably left like that after Powercommander installation.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Major rebuild to add brake fluid completed.
Wiring all wrapped, tied and routed.
Major Earth cleaned and greased.
Old fuel connector returned to service.
Brakes bled of old fluid. (much better now)
New sticky shit applied to plastic shit.
Polish lavished.
All done!

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
Finally drummed up the courage to pull the tank off to change the rear brake fluid and noticed one of the two "slip on" fuel line fittings was broken.
So I'm looking to replace both, what is the recommendation?
I was a little surprised there was no barb on the fuel rail pipe, just a straight pipe and these plastic fittings slide on, no lock as such.
Anyway any help would be warmly welcomed guys!

Those JG connectors can't to the best of my knowledge and experience be bought retail. I have tried to buy them in bulk and they won't let ya.

There may be alternatives. Has anybody found an alternative connector ?

joe

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
Ha ha..Now now Will ! The MV has been launched from the kitchen ..but thats for another post. I do have some but they are in the spare fuel lines I have and it'd be crazy to cut them up.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah if anyone has a source for them let me know. Would like to replace them as they are pretty stuffed. Anyone? Group buy???

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
Yeah if anyone has a source for them let me know. Would like to replace them as they are pretty stuffed. Anyone? Group buy???
We have never been able to source them, it would probably be good to place a WTB advert in the For Sale section, you might then get a secondhand set from someone who replaced the whole set, I even think "Varium" might have a set up for sale. Otherwise you will have to buy a new set from a dealer.

Would this be the one? Anyone have a part number please?
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=171412926877&alt=web
Nope.

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
We have never been able to source them, it would probably be good to place a WTB advert in the For Sale section, you might then get a secondhand set from someone who replaced the whole set, I even think "Varium" might have a set up for sale. Otherwise you will have to buy a new set from a dealer.

Nope.
I know that Autozone in the good ol US of A have a part in their inventory which could be compatible....

If you are really struggling then there's a bloke called Joe in England who has all sorts of stuff left over from his MV Build ; ) oh and yes Varium Stateside too..

Joe

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
Apparently Aprilia uses them too...

I think the 3 cylinder folks have a red plastic male fitting that breaks
so they should have the female fittings too

in theory:naughty:

:popcorn:

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
The fuel rail isn't a serrated barb. If the clip to hose squeeze relaxes then the hose will slide off the rail. Its designed to have a John Guest connector. Why cut corners ?

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
Makes me think.

Some early 750's did not have JG fittings on them, I've worked on a EVO3 with a factory looking clamp on instead of the JG fitting, and it worked fine, they also used Metzeler fuel hose. I would keep the JG if I could, but that's just me.
The ridge should prevent the hose slipping off Joe.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts