MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started the bike (04 Brutale S) up Sun morning and heard a strange whoop sound........looked down and saw fuel dripping, spraying.......nearly f#$*ing pouring down the side of the bike.........immeaditaly hit the kill switch.

So i call a buddy to come help me start taking her apart........turns out i must have stressed the male end, of the quick disconnect, when i had the tank off installing the power commander the other week. It had a big crack in it :(

Then i thought, i remember a strong fuel smell i noticed at the gas station, that was still present when a got home. Reminded me of another post (searched for it but couldn't find it) from a guy that had a really persistant fuel smell...........wonder if he has a small leak. ??

Anybody know if there is a metal option to the plastic quick disconnects ?

Mako
04 Brutale S
02 RSV-R
90 FZR 400

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Same happend to me. I exchanged them with the TRIUMPH part# T1241260.
They fit perfect, are made of aluminum and cost only a fraction of the original
plastic pieces of crap.
The good thing is that most Triumph dealers have them in stock because there
was a recall conc. the fittings.
Just make sure that you mark them black and white as they only come in silver.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love this site !!!

You guys are great.

Fitting and O-rings are on the way.........2 sets shipped for under $70.

Should be back on the road by the weekend.

Thanks,
Mako

·
Registered
94 Posts
thanks JamesC for that link... i had the same issue, dude it's not a leak mine was shooting it out was wild... but anyways i got the triumph parts for $11 bucks for a temp fix, ordered the metals one from omega for $60...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ordered the parts at noon and had them sitting on my desk by 9am the next day !!!

I changed both "elbows" but decided to leave the plastic couplers in the tank for now. I was going to change them but i couldn't get a wrench to properly seat on the nut........really tight clearence........plus the metal pieces are even bigger and i'd have even less clearence. Is there a special tool that would make changing these out easier?

Mako

·
Registered
668 Posts
Arrrrrgh. Was out on the bike last night. Stopped for a few mins and when I got back on, I smelled gas. Looked and couldn't see anything dripping. Got home from work tonight and took the side panels off the Brutale. Couldn't see much and I'm not in a position to start breaking down the bike in my parking space. Are there any schematics to see how the fuel lines run? From the left side of the bike, I can see the overflow lines. I reached in and didn't feel anything wet or dripping, but if it's a small leak, it could have evaporated by today. Thoughts, ideas, schematics? Appreciate any insight.

:banghead:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts