MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone experienced a major fuel leak from the over flow hose? My '08 910s started leaking 2 days after a 1500 Kms weekend ride. Started out just a few drops on the garage floor (with bike on side stand),when I opened the fuel cap (tank is less than half full),it just poured out.I know the overflow hoses pass internally to the fuel pump base plate and they T into one hose under the tank.It appears that one/both of the overflow tubes is cracked/split or come loose inside the tank.:brutale::piss:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Has anyone experienced a major fuel leak from the over flow hose? My '08 910s started leaking 2 days after a 1500 Kms weekend ride. Started out just a few drops on the garage floor (with bike on side stand),when I opened the fuel cap (tank is less than half full),it just poured out.I know the overflow hoses pass internally to the fuel pump base plate and they T into one hose under the tank.It appears that one/both of the overflow tubes is cracked/split or come loose inside the tank.:brutale::piss:
check the vent line inside the gas tank, it falls off. Ask me how I know?

·
Registered
803 Posts
What's the story?
gobs of fuel coming out of the overfill line at the bottom of the bike. The hose in the tank which attaches to the filler cap fell off making the bike "think" it was always to full. The dealer fixed it under warranty.

·
Administrator
20,414 Posts
My vent hose rotted and split near the juncture to the cap. It was not an OE part...the tech had installed this one when he took out the EVAP system canister. Wasn't immersible rubber.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts