MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have fuel leaking from the pressure regulator when the pump primes on my 750 Brutale. I changed all of he O rings and tank lines, so they are all ok, it seems to be coming from the small hole just above the c clip.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
G'Day mate, welcome to the forum. Are you sure about the fuel coming out there, did you remove that at all, I've not heard of fuel leaking from there before ?

·
Vendor
5,279 Posts
I have fuel leaking from the pressure regulator when the pump primes on my 750 Brutale. I changed all of he O rings and tank lines, so they are all ok, it seems to be coming from the small hole just above the c clip.
Welcome to the forum mate.I have seen this issue before,but not on a MV.There must be a tear in the rubber diaphram therefore fuel leaks out of the small breather hole.Time for a new regulator.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the diaphragm had a leak the fuel would come out of the vent pipe but its coming out around the rim of the regulator. I have pressure tested the regulator and then changed it with a new one and not an ebay job. There is a small hole just above the c clip on the air side of the diaphragm housing and the fuel is coming from here.

I found some posts on the Ducati forum but they Pieter out.

Its the usual storey, you only join forums when you have a problem.

·
Vendor
5,279 Posts
Trying to help without pictures and info given.The only way fuel can leak out of the breather hole is if the diaphragm is not sealing.Did you use a vacuum pump to test it?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will strip it down at the weekend and have a good look at it.

This is from the Ducati forum but below the X is a pin hole and the fuel is coming from there not the regulator?

Attachments

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
WTF do I know?......

there is a spare F4 fuel pump plate on my drafting table......so I can answer questions....no hole

the FPR probably seals on the shank because its easy to rotate with the snap ring in place....its not holding back fuel pump pressure.....just plugging the bottom of the tank

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The new base plate arrived and cured the problem in one go, it had rotted right through creating a fifth injector just not into the engine!

·
Vendor
5,279 Posts
Glad all is OK.Never seen this before in a fuel system/ fuel pump plate.It's like stray current in a cooling system on a car.The damage that can do is mindblowing.

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
leaky holes ?

I recommended epoxying the hole.....I have a TIG machine, no way I'm buying a new pump plate

glad you got it fixed :drummer::drummer:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts