MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2001 F4 750s
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve read on this extensively but seemed to have missed this.

I have a 2001 f4 750. The external fuel injection hose that’s on the bike from PO appear to be 5/16 on one end and 3/8 on the other! The fuel rail side seems to fit snug with 5/16. I’m assuming I need the smaller male metal cpc fitting with 5/16 fuel injection hose. Is this correct?

I believe I currently have the 3/8 barb male cpc fitting

·
Super Moderator
23,110 Posts
Fuel Injection hose is one diameter over its entire length. That is the way it is manufactured.

It is probable that the PO widened out the receiving end of the hose to fit the 3/8 barbed connections. This is a normal practice.

·
Registered
2001 F4 750s
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel Injection hose is one diameter over its entire length. That is the way it is manufactured.

It is probable that the PO widened out the receiving end of the hose to fit the 3/8 barbed connections. This is a normal practice.
That makes sense yea. Would 3/8 FI hose work on the fuel rail side? It Slides on and off without much resistance before using a FI clamp.

·
Super Moderator
23,110 Posts
Personally, I use 5/16" hose.

If you can be leak-free when clamped, it should be fine.

Reactions: ogrilp400

·
Super Moderator
23,110 Posts
I do still have them. Are you looking to replace all four? That would be my recommendation for flow compatibility reasons.

·
Registered
2001 F4 750s
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do still have them. Are you looking to replace all four? That would be my recommendation for flow compatibility reasons.
I already have the metal female cpc fittings installed on the fuel pump plate and ready to go. Female only has one part number regardless of male size correct?

·
Super Moderator
23,110 Posts
That is correct...sort of. There are differences in o-ring material.
That being said, I bought a used fuel pump plate with metal fittings installed. I installed my own fuel lines with metal fittings. After several runs, over a year, where, after around 28 miles, the bike would stall and not restart, I finally changed all four fittings for new CPC metal fittings and the issue was resolved.
I am now an advocate of ensuring fittings are matched.

Reactions: esq'z me

·
Registered
2001 F4 750s
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is correct...sort of. There are differences in o-ring material.
That being said, I bought a used fuel pump plate with metal fittings installed. I installed my own fuel lines with metal fittings. After several runs, over a year, where, after around 28 miles, the bike would stall and not restart, I finally changed all four fittings for new CPC metal fittings and the issue was resolved.
I am now an advocate of ensuring fittings are matched.
Yea makes sense, but I already loctited the female in with 577. I have an extra pair of o rings you sent me awhile back I will just use those. I PM’d you about the male fittings to purchase

1 - 9 of 9 Posts