MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Quick question, how often should you replace the fuel hoses from your tank to your injectors? The service book states every 3 years, however I haven't heard of anyone on this forum ever replacing them. Also, looking at MV's pricing (100 Euro for the 2 hoses) , it doesn't look like they expect you to replace them either. Dealers never keep them in stock also.

Is an inspection good enough? My F3 675 has just passed it's 7th birthday last week (Purchased it new in June 2012) and I've seriously started thinking about this. We don't have ethanol in our fuel and my bike is garaged all the time when not used. Regardless I remember on my MX bikes, 5 years was as long as I could go before the fuel hoses became brittle and cracked. Not to say the MX fuel hose is the same material as the MV, hence my question.

·
Registered
14,499 Posts
?

PTsalas:
The 3 year interval is for the in tank pressurized lines.....which I think is excessive
I had to change the external lines when I installed the metal CPC fittings :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
22,329 Posts
Agreed. Changing the external fuel lines should really only be done if degradation shows.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts