MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If any one of you good fellas has an oe fuel line off the bike handy I would be very grateful if u could let me know the length of the rubber part. F4 2009 and previous.

This is the two external fuel injection hoses that run from the base of the fuel pump to the fuel rail .
I'm away from my bike.

cheers

joe

·
Registered
54 Posts
hose length

hi joe , yes thats the oe size, i replaced the fuel hose too and used double eared clamps to secure things on both ends of the fuel line

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi joe , yes thats the oe size, i replaced the fuel hose too and used double eared clamps to secure things on both ends of the fuel line
Cheers Karl. That's great.

Did you use 5/16 hose and 3/8 barb metal fittings...and retain the John Guest quik connects ?

joe

·
Registered
248 Posts
Cheers Karl. That's great.

Did you use 5/16 hose and 3/8 barb metal fittings...and retain the John Guest quik connects ?

joe
Hi Joe,
I originally used 3/8 hose, however it was far too sloppy on the OEM JG fittings. Swapped to 5/16 and no problems fitting it to the 3/8 metal fittings. I used a very small amount of rubber grease to help them on.

J

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Joe,
I originally used 3/8 hose, however it was far too sloppy on the OEM JG fittings. Swapped to 5/16 and no problems fitting it to the 3/8 metal fittings. I used a very small amount of rubber grease to help them on.

J
You did good : )
joe

·
Registered
54 Posts
hi joe , i changed the 1/4 barb fittings to 3/8ths and while i was at it i changed the female threaded fittings too ,, not taking any chances with the plastic fittings

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hose

hi joe , i changed the 1/4 barb fittings to 3/8ths and while i was at it i changed the female threaded fittings too ,, not taking any chances with the plastic fittings

Top man Karl :)

IN a nut shell it is 5/16 injection hose = 3/8 Barb Metal fittings

1000cc bikes keep the John Guest fitting. They aren't available to buy.

If anybody knows different let us know :)

If you are keeping the old lines on 1000cc bikes cut off the plastic quick connects and use 1/4 barb metal fittings into the ( nicely trimmed ) end of the hose. Don't use 3/8 barb here it will screw up the end of the hose.

Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts