MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My 2013 F4 is due for a fuel filter.

Are these the same as the earlier bikes which use the KL145 or various equivalents? Has anyone changed one? The parts book shows different part numbers for the two series of bikes and I have a KL145 left over from my 1000S days that I had envisaged using. It seems like they should be the same filter but we are talking Italian.

Thanks.

Tony

·
Super Moderator
22,313 Posts
I think that any high volume, submersible fuel filter will do.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Well, given that the Mahle KL 145 is the specified fuel filter for the 09 previous models, and here is the part number for the MY10 filter 800088585 and the filter in the box is a KL 145, I deduce that it's the same part.

Providing someone hasn't put the wrong part in the right box..which I doubt ..

Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Hi

My 2013 F4 is due for a fuel filter.

Are these the same as the earlier bikes which use the KL145 or various equivalents? Has anyone changed one? The parts book shows different part numbers for the two series of bikes and I have a KL145 left over from my 1000S days that I had envisaged using. It seems like they should be the same filter but we are talking Italian.

Thanks.

Tony
Yes the KL145 is used for the newer bikes as well, the MV part number is different but a bit of parts bin diving at the dealer confirmed the same one in the box :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the KL145 is used for the newer bikes as well, the MV part number is different but a bit of parts bin diving at the dealer confirmed the same one in the box :)
Thanks, that's useful confirmation.

The part number for the early F4 bikes is 800088585 (Joe has an heirloom filter above - it looks like a 2008 manufacturing date - but I recall it being a good year), the later F4 bikes 8000B4278.

Tony

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Thanks, that's useful confirmation.

The part number for the early F4 bikes is 800088585 (Joe has an heirloom filter above - it looks like a 2008 manufacturing date - but I recall it being a good year), the later F4 bikes 8000B4278.

Tony
Ha ha..It's not mine in the pic although I do have one or two ..... Hopefully the shelf life is good :wink2:

joe

·
Registered
14,490 Posts
?

I use a WIX #33012......
A standard FI fuel filter available at most auto parts stores
5/16" (8mm) fittings

they used to be $4 and change

:grin2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts