MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

Want to see if any rivale owners checked their fuel consumption. I noticed I do around 80 km before the fuel indicator lights up from full tank. How many km do you do? I am not bothered about heavy fuel consumption but I want to make sure mine is normal. Cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm in the US so we use miles but using KM I get 125km before the fuel light comes on. I use what they recommend for fuel in the manual. Is your ride new? If it is it will take a good while to let the engine get better gas mileage. My first tank I got 80km and got gradually better.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I tested a couple bikes on long distant tours and found the 87 octane got better range then the 92 octane . I also took my time at end of filling to let as much air out and fill the flat top tank as much as I could while on side stand that alone was worth about 30 more KM. we rode for 6 straight days and had so much fun on these bikes

·
Registered
33 Posts
Interesting mfagusta. You didn't have any valve pinging using 87 octane? The manual states to only use 91 octane but if it works it works.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Fwiw, my Dragster does an average of 14km a litre

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea my bike is still new. Just done 1000km and I mainly ride it it in town low gears 3-4th. So I guess this is what to expect!:f4:

·
Administrator
20,786 Posts
Lower octane burns faster, makes more energy per volume.... i.e.: makes more pwer, hence better fuel range. As long as you are not pushing the engine hard there will be no knock.....but how can you resist not yanking the throttle wide open and enjoying the engine at least occasionally???

I run 89 octane here in the US (mid-grade) without a problem. I buy non-ethanol 90 octane when I can get it and always for track days.

Of course, differing octane ratings are used around the world. This horse has been well flogged in past threads.

Always remember the marketing manager's caveat: "Your mileage may differ".

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Higher ethanol also reduced burning temp and reduces fuel economy. It's fairly hard to compare gas mileage since the fuel standards vary between stations, regions and countries. Might only be talking about 3-6mpg variance, but still could be 20km difference hitting reserve. Altitude and local topography will also make comparisons difficult.

If your smiles per gallon are high, then your doing great :) See how far you get before reserve, then keep it in mind.

·
Registered
72 Posts
most of our riding was in Thailand so we took what petrol they had, track days i do use the 95, but have had no issues at all with the 87 riding 120 to 180 KM per day 7 days a week running about 160 to 180 speeds the whole time .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Tank capacity is 12.9lit.Fuel indicator lights on at 9lit.I used to refuel my rivale just after the light is on or a little kms after.So with very slowly and carefully refueling fills 8.5 to 8.7lit (no more for safety reason) and i do between 100 to 110kms.I use Shell v power racing 100 octane.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts