MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Lads,

I know we dont buy these bikes to worry about fuel consumption but my MY15 Dragster RR is getting worse and worse. Historically when you get a new bike it starts off pretty average and then gets a bit better before settling.

I used to get about 180kms from a tank before my fuel light came on, then another 30-50kms after that (so im assuming light comes in without abt 2 liters left)

Now i am getting 140kms and once light come on 20-30kms (ive never let her run empty but just seeing how much fuel i could top up with gives me a pretty good idea)

Any idea would could be causing this? Bike is running fine, no issues

On a side note interested to here what if any additives people are using in there bikes

Cheers

·
Registered
565 Posts
Are you sure there is nothing dragging? Brakes? Bearings?

Are you riding exactly the same?

Engine running the same? Does it smell rich? Smell fuel?

Lots of reasons for change in fuel consumption.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
What you get out now is exactly what I get out.

·
Super Moderator
22,332 Posts
First off, I can tell you are not US based simply from your use of KMs instead of MPG....but it would certainly be nice if you would put a location on this planet in your profile...that will help us help you.

That being said, I just did a mileage check on my 2015 B3800RR...38 mpg...that is 61KPG for you Across-The-Ponders. This was on a trip of 62.4 miles that was at highway speeds with a 30 minute period of crawling through traffic.

Now considering the tank has a capacity of 16.6L or 4.4 gallons, you should get around 167 miles to the tank, or 267 km! Sounds huge right?

My bike has just under 2000 miles (3200km) on it.

Herre is what the manual says about fuel capacity (note the circled note at the page bottom.):

1.jpg

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
First off, I can tell you are not US based simply from your use of KMs instead of MPG....but it would certainly be nice if you would put a location on this planet in your profile...that will help us help you.

That being said, I just did a mileage check on my 2015 B3800RR...38 mpg...that is 61KPG for you Across-The-Ponders. This was on a trip of 62.4 miles that was at highway speeds with a 30 minute period of crawling through traffic.

Now considering the tank has a capacity of 16.6L or 4.4 gallons, you should get around 167 miles to the tank, or 367 km! Sounds huge right?

My bike has just under 2000 miles (3200km) on it.

Herre is what the manual says about fuel capacity (note the circled note at the page bottom.):

View attachment 451205
167 miles is 367 km? That does not sound right.

And that is indeed huge. I had it once completely empty, rolling the last meters to the fuel station, and I had less than 150 km done.

·
Super Moderator
22,332 Posts
I just edited my post for accuracy: It was 4.4 X 38 X 1.6 = 267.52

Still a big number.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL - Australian living in Singapore, so definitely a metric kid and ill update my profile :)

Thanks for the input guys and im a little glad 'max velocity' seems to be getting similar figures to myself

I have ever come close to that fuel consumption 'silentservice' , even when i toured Malaysia last year and was mostly open road i was getting max 180kms before fuel light.

Ive had the bike since new, just hit 15,000kms

·
Registered
316 Posts
Okay I'm on an F3 675 so I know it's not comparing apples with apples however to give you an idea of what should be a "similar" fuel consumption

So as it turns out I'm a little OCD and a lot scared of running out of fuel so I have recorded EVERY fill my F3 has had since I have owned it

The Average fuel consumption is 5.24L/100km over 47 fills and 8915.6km

Working off a 15.5L tank (giving myself a 1L buffer refer to above comment SCARED) that give me a average of 297km before I run completely dry

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay I'm on an F3 675 so I know it's not comparing apples with apples however to give you an idea of what should be a "similar" fuel consumption

So as it turns out I'm a little OCD and a lot scared of running out of fuel so I have recorded EVERY fill my F3 has had since I have owned it

The Average fuel consumption is 5.24L/100km over 47 fills and 8915.6km

Working off a 15.5L tank (giving myself a 1L buffer refer to above comment SCARED) that give me a average of 297km before I run completely dry
:surprise: Thats some dedication Tasty F3 :surprise:

·
Super Moderator
22,332 Posts
Excellent graphs and data...and it bears out what I am seeing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts