MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With average riding on a run am now getting 40 mpg, is this a record?

Seems to be better since the decat pipe was fitted and as the miles go on.

·
Registered
76 Posts
it might be billywhizzz, i hope to get that once my decat exhaust gets more use! or maybe UK petro is better than this califonia crap we get. Let you machine sit for a bit and it will gum up and clog all your jets/carbs!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it might be billywhizzz, i hope to get that once my decat exhaust gets more use! or maybe UK petro is better than this califonia crap we get. Let you machine sit for a bit and it will gum up and clog all your jets/carbs!!
I use 99 Octane, probably better than the califonia petrol but I bet its 2 times the price!

·
Registered
76 Posts
you have a Hell of alot better, we got 92 octane at $4.50 a gal but a butt full of additives for environmental specs.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you have a Hell of alot better, we got 92 octane at $4.50 a gal but a butt full of additives for environmental specs.
yep twice the price but I guess most would pay it given the choice of using high octane

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but:
1 imperial gallon = .83 US gallon
Therefore 40mpg English = 33mpg American
If US is running 10% ethanol, economy is reduced by the same factor (generalization)
Therefore that now goes down to 30mpg.

Gotta say, though, who gives a rip when you take in to account the smiles per ride! :brutale:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Grinnin from ear to ear!! :toothless

·
Registered
626 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but:
1 imperial gallon = .83 US gallon
Therefore 40mpg English = 33mpg American
If US is running 10% ethanol, economy is reduced by the same factor (generalization)
Therefore that now goes down to 30mpg.

Gotta say, though, who gives a rip when you take in to account the smiles per ride! :brutale:

Why do you have to be all smart and stuff...?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
That means the US Brutale tanks holds ~ 6 Gallons (in American gallons), so an easier way is to say miles to the low fuel warning comes on, 150 is the best I have had and 110 is the worst... a US mile = a UK mile ! unlike a short ton (tonne) :).. I can do smart but there is a time and place for it...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Gotta say, though, who gives a rip when you take in to account the smiles per ride!
Love my Brutale, but my Ducati 748 gets closer to 50mpg on the same route, about the same speeds and with the same person at the controls.

That old twin cyl is supposed to be the outdated tractor motor, developed in about 1993(?).

I never understood why MV Agusta fuel mileage is so poor. If they were running horribly rich someone would have figured it out by now. It can't be that.

Will I continue to ride the Brutale? Absolutely! But...

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I use 99 Octane, probably better than the califonia petrol but I bet its 2 times the price!
You gents need to do some reading on how the US determines octane rating and how the rest of the world does it. Europe in general uses Ron only, the reason? It produces bigger numbers giving the perception of better gas. The US uses Ron+Mon /2 method (also known as PON), which produces lower number, but much more constant fuel.

Read more here http://www.btinternet.com/~madmole/Reference/RONMONPON.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts