MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, i picked up my bike after service and now the fuel cap sticks!

One of the service items was to replace the rubber seal on the fuel cap as it had swelled up so much that it would snag on the tank every time i open fuel cap, and no longer hold petrol in the tank.

i opened the cap earlier to inspect the new seal and found it very difficult to open and close the cap due to the locking mechanism fouling on the tank opening in two places (above and below the locking pin).
and new seal is has now swelled the same as the previous one.

The bike has been stuck at the dealers for 2 months with a quarter tank of fuel in.

i'm thinking that the tank has deformed ever so slightly which brings me to THE question.

what is the best course of action 1. leave the tank open to vent gases? 2. empty the tank? 3. fill the tank?

any help would be much appreciated, John

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
may be the new seal just need working in
my 9 yr old 910's fuel cap dont ping up like a jap bikes , i have to pull it a little

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks donsy

Ive been using E5 as its the only fuel avaliable here. been paying close attention to the other thread about UK fuel and e-mailed a few fuel companys in relation to ethanol content and the only company that does ethanol free fuel dont supply it in my area:banghead:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.