MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find a listing for this part. I believe mine needs to be replaced. Does anyone have a part# they could share?

·
Super Moderator
21,444 Posts
It appears it is only available as an assembly: 800093340 FILLERCAP WITH KEYS

1.jpg

·
Administrator
18,852 Posts
The gas cap is similar to many other bikes...look at parts lists for some Japanese brands.....or head to the hardware store and make one?

·
Super Moderator
21,444 Posts
I would by a used cap and rekey it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
You can get a quick release cap. They look trick, but if you park your bike outside unattended, people might steal your petrol as there is no key.

Also, if you don't close the cap properly it can by sucked out by the wind (but will never happen if you make sure you close it properly).

They are a lot cheaper than getting a whole new assembly from MV.
Chris

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
You can get a quick release cap. They look trick, but if you park your bike outside unattended, people might steal your petrol as there is no key.

Also, if you don't close the cap properly it can by sucked out by the wind (but will never happen if you make sure you close it properly).

Chris
Maybe it's just me living in Philly but I would worry about some hater putting something in your tank.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Chris
This is what I did :grin2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts