MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Used Mag.swingarm for sale (CRC 30761) Scratched on the surface, see pictures, will fit all F4 1999-2009 and Brutale 750/910. New price for this one was 4000 usd, asking 900 usd + shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
A little FYI for those interested in the swinger...... Marvic, the original OEM manufacturer, will refurb the arm to new for 250 with your choice of original/oem colors.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There have been some inquiries from forum members, but no one has bought it yet. I am willing to trade the Mag. for an new Rukka Armaxion trousers. I do not know the price of it in other countries, but it may be worth checking for a bargain.

·
Registered
583 Posts
What is the weight difference from the Mag arm to stock arm?

Don't want to get off topic. But why are these Rukka Armaxion trousers so expensive? Are they more than just gortex trousers?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Don't want to get off topic. But why are these Rukka Armaxion trousers so expensive? Are they more than just gortex trousers?
I am not sure how lighter it is, i can weigh the mag. Someone know weight on stock?

They are just goretex, but high quality.

·
Registered
571 Posts

2Kgr. Standard weights 6 Kgr, Magnesium one 4Kgr.

·
Registered
819 Posts
There are plenty of places on this site that give weights for the swingers. Pretty sure i posted what a weight for the Mg swinger somewhere round here.

·
Super Moderator
7,374 Posts
Here is a post from a while back when we were installing some magnesium parts:

Magnesium vs. Alloy weights:

Alloy swing arm: 6.62 kg (14.6 pounds)
Magnesium swing arm: 4.58 kg (10.1 pounds)

Alloy Left frame plate: 1.4 kg (3.1 pounds)
Magnesium frame plate: 1.12 kg (2.5 pounds)

Alloy right frame plate: 1.6 kg (3.5 pounds)
Magnesium right frame plate 1.18 kg (2.6 pounds)

Alloy total: 9.62 kg (21.2 pounds)
Magnesium total: 6.88 kg ((15.2 pounds)

Saving 2.74 kg (6 pounds) (28 % lighter)

A significant weight is removed from the swing arm. All I have read about this subject confirms that reducing unsprung weight is where the most significant advantages in handling are found (unsprung weight = wheels, rear sprocket, brake discs, axles and of course the swing arm).

·
Registered
819 Posts
Pretty sure the swinger will bolt up to all years. I think the original poster put the years up to 09 because that is what years used the exact same swinger. In 2010 Agusta changed the arm a bit, but i think it will still bolt up to the bike and you will be able to use your newer hub.

If i recall correctly there is a thread bouncing around on the forum here regarding the differences and/or fitment of newer arms to the older models. Think Donsy collated something like this not that long ago.

You'll want to search out the thread regarding this to confirm but think you will be able to fit this swinger to your bike.

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
thnx...that is too bad as under 1000 for 2kg less would have been nice. if it was also a race length (even longer than the MY2010) would have been even better but...
The Y10 swing-arm is not 2kg heavier than the older Magnesium swing-arm, it's very close and just as long as the "long" magnesium swing-arm from what the_knurl's told us.

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
the '10 swing arm fits the '98-'09 bikes

I have one on my '05 F4

from Dave and my numbers the '10 is 1kg heavier than the Mg, I don't know if Dave measured the long or short one

I know nothing about the fitting of '10+ shocks

early huggers won't fit '10+ swing arms

:popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
7,374 Posts
the '10 swing arm fits the '98-'09 bikes

I have one on my '05 F4

from Dave and my numbers the '10 is 1kg heavier than the Mg, I don't know if Dave measured the long or short one

I know nothing about the fitting of '10+ shocks

early huggers won't fit '10+ swing arms

:popcorn:
Hi Noel,
The swing arm I weighed was a standard length version.

Ciao.

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
there you go, the long Mg swing arm is going to be less than a kilo lighter

than a stock '10+ swing arm

thanks Dave

1 - 20 of 32 Posts