MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very lightly used Ferracci F4 1000 stainless midpipe for sale. I just removed it from my 1000R - decided to go with a Ti system. $290 including shipping to anywhere in the U.S. If anyone is interested, please send me a PM.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To answer a question that was sent to me, this is a NON-Cat midpipe. I should have listed this information in the original post, but I thought by listing the midpipe as "FBF" this would be understood.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
What gains did you see from this pipe and did you have to change anything else on the bike for it to run correctly?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The midpipe was installed on an '07 F4 1000R with stock slipon exhaust. There was no other modification of the motorcycle. As for performance increase, I did not notice any. I do not think just changing the midpipe will give you much of a performance gain. The two things I noticed most after replacing the stock (cat) midpipe were a slightly deeper/louder exhaust note and improved aesthetics (no catalytic converter bulge).

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
altoon said:
Did you happen to notice if the bike ran cooler without the cat?

Alex

Good point Alex. I do believe the exhaust system gave off less heat than with the stock, catalyzed midpipe. Probably because the exhaust flow was less restricted. I do not remember what the engine temperature difference was, but heat coming from the exhaust through the seating area was reduced.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A member sent me a PM inquiring if my F4 midpipe will fit his Brutale. I do not think they are interchangeable. Anyone know the answer definitively. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
I don't think so. I just bought mine and they (arrow) make one specifically for the F4 and another for the brute.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Last chance before listing the midpipe on eBay. If anyone is interested, send me a PM. To avoid the eBay "experience," offers will be considered. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts